Nimbus R27 F1.

No pics yet of the car sitting lower (waiting for it to settle properly), will get a damn good clean done too:smile:

I have however today fitted the 64mm throttle body I bagged from fleabay.......all I can say is it has totally transformed the car!
I didn't expect much tbh, just a slight improvement low down but this has more than met my expectations.
Flat spots are totally gone, she feels soo much smoother right through the rev range now. I'm massively impressed as you can probably tell lol.

UPDATE.

The 64mm TB that i fitted ended up failing!! The electrics burnt out and so i ended up having to have Coil packs and Plugs changed in trying to find the fault.
TB no going back to the supplier for a refund as i can't risk it happening again:-(

Car went in for its MOT today and while it was there I had some HEL brake lines and racing fluid fitted.
I've just picked her up and tbh i am not hugely impressed with them at the moment. I had them fitted on my old AGP and they were a massive improvement (The AGP had the same Brembo setup as the Clio) but in this i have not noticed a difference. They still feel really spongey.
Saying that I haven't had the pads changed as yet so they may transform the feel at that point so i'll reserve full judgement until next week.

Onto the MOT, She passed:w00t: JUST:blush:hmy:

Had 2 advisories -
1.Front brake imbalance only just met brake imbalance requirements.
2.Slight play in N/S inner rack end.

I kind of expected there to be a couple of 'issues' shall we say so not overly bothered, The inner rack end will be with my garage on friday so will be fitted next week (Hopefully with stiffen up the steering again).

I am more concerned with the Brake issue though.
Any ideas what this could be?
I've just ordered new pads and from talking to my MOT tester he says it could just be a sticking pad which i know is quite common on these.

And finally, a couple of pics now that the suspension has had a chance to settle.

FAFE0E86-4BB3-4FDF-83F7-DC51C445C9E5-245-00000015CCFE28F1.jpg

CE61B425-66E4-4497-B9EC-158DE96CA8D5-245-00000015C54EA4EB.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Ashley.

If you have a brake imbalance and you've just fitted new lines/fluid i'd say you have a sticking pad or piston somewere.

These calipers need regular maintainance and cleaning, that should be your next task i'd say.

If you have a brake imbalance and you've just fitted new lines/fluid i'd say you have a sticking pad or piston somewere.

These calipers need regular maintainance and cleaning, that should be your next task i'd say.

I'm hoping it's this simple:smile:
Going back in next week once the brakes arrive so will leave the garage with it for a whole so they can check it out fully.
Felt like it was fading very quickly under heavy braking before the lines and pulling to one side.
I'm only going to change the front pads as the standard rears have loads left on them. Also a little more stopping power at the front than the rear is always good fun lol.
Can't decide whether or not to do the disks yet though:-/

Apologies for hijacking the thread but what does the 64mm TB do to the Clio... They run a 60mm standard yes? I'm assuming it's just more free flowing?

who did the 64mm TB for you mate,i've got another TB to be bored out as my first one never settled

It was from eBay mate. The guy is sneakapeak (I think lol).
Made a massive difference on mine but I'm not gonna risk it going again:-(
Caused no end of issues. I think it was just a very old unit.

Apologies for hijacking the thread but what does the 64mm TB do to the Clio... They run a 60mm standard yes? I'm assuming it's just more free flowing?

No worries mate.
Yeah it basically helps the low down power really.
Smoothed out the flat spots below 3k for me.

She's a looker. Some black OZ Ultraleggeras would finish her off nicely.

Damn Nimbus is such an awesome colour.

She's a looker. Some black OZ Ultraleggeras would finish her off nicely.

Damn Nimbus is such an awesome colour.

I'm sure OZ are going to be my wheel of choice:smile:
I just saw your cup racer wheels as was soooo tempted but they just wouldn't suit the nimbus IMO:-(

AG was one of my face colours in the 200 if I was going to get one of them.

Never know I may just facelift this one in time;-)

there about £30-60 to buy a second hand unit off ebay and about £70 to get converted, after mine settled you could tell the difference like night and day.