New Member, Albi Blue(?), 56 plate

Hi, I have just bought a 56 plate 197 in what I am told is Albi blue?

197001a.jpg

Collecting hopefully next week, quite excited!

Anyhow, like a fool I didn't do much research before buying! I think my car has climate, Cabasse, cruise, and that is about it. I am not planning on doing much to it, other than tidying it up a bit and probably fitting a more phone / iPod friendly stereo.

Couple of questions;

1. how can I tell if the car has Renault bluetooth?
2. what is the service interval?
3. Recommendations for oil / brakes / etc?
4. Having said I am not going to do much with it, what are the popular mods, anything cost effective and straightforward that makes a noticable difference?
5. What kind of power do these usually make when rr'd?
6. I am saying it has Cabasse as I think I can make it out in a pic of the head unit, what does it mean though, in practical terms?

Thanks for your time, I am currently a mod over on Pumapeople, but am looking forward to making a positive contribution on here.

cabbasse is a stereo make, if youve the uprated stereo, you ewil have a 6 cd changer in the headunit and a box under the drivers seat containing amp/tuner for the headunit, most popular and cheapest mod is panel filter, itg or pipercross, then youve got stuff like exhaust lowering etc which is expensive, power form about 180bhp to 190bhp the later very few, but seen some very poorly 197 make lower than that.

From the pics, it looks like a single disc headunit, but appears to have the word Cabasse on it. Assuming this one has an external amp, presumably that complicates going for an aftermarket stereo?

I haven't searched for an answer to this yet, but I only have one key, what is the best / easiest / cheapest way to get a spare?

:welcome: mate
plenty of people to answer your questions:thumbup1:

Thanks!

cabbasse is a stereo make, if youve the uprated stereo, you ewil have a 6 cd changer in the headunit and a box under the drivers seat containing amp/tuner for the headunit, most popular and cheapest mod is panel filter, itg or pipercross, then youve got stuff like exhaust lowering etc which is expensive, power form about 180bhp to 190bhp the later very few, but seen some very poorly 197 make lower than that.

Cheers, I modded my Puma quite a lot, full Milltek, mani, sport cat, etc. Ford Racing inlet manifold & ECU map, Eibach springs, bigger brakes, rear disc conversion, etc. I put it largely back to standard to sell it, and seemed to prefer it standard, so I don't think I will do too much to the Clio. Not yet at least...

More interested in detail mods TBH, for example on the Puma I added footwell lamps, second boot lamp, mirror lamps, temperature display clock, etc.

:welcome: to the site dude!

What a nice example :smile:

I hope so, bought it unseen!

welcome fella you have the best colour mate lol

Take it yours might be the same...

You put all the CDs in the single disc slot on the headunit with the Cabasse stereo... Welcome btw!

Thanks, but I don't like CD's! Does the Cabasse have a line-in / aux in? Bit concerned about it as I NEED phone and iPod control!

I believe the service interval is 12k, does that sound right? Belts every 72k, oil is 5w40 or 0w40, which is good as Costco do Mobil1 0w40 4L for £20, and it's the same stuff as we use in our CR-V.

Last edited:
welcome to the site ralph.

service every 12k yes.

ive got the cabasse and the only 2 ways to get ipod connection are...
fm modulator wired in(like me)
or there is a aux lead that you can get but it dont charge the ipod.

It's Will actually, Ralphy was our E30 Beemer! Cool site BTW!

Can the Cabasse easily be replaced, or is there an external amp to complicate things? I was probably just going to go for a Parrot or Alpine head unit.

welcome then will.

the bit in the dash is just the changer part(would normally be in the boot)
the tuner and amp are under the drivers seat.

can be done but would need a audio electrician to rewire it as there are cables that connect the 2 parts that would need rewiring.

So there isn't a straightforward plug&play adaptor loom? That is a bit of a bugger.

We have a Parrot Mki9200 in our CR-V, I could possibly use that along with the aux in. Not a perfect solution, but better than nothing!

Looks like a Parrot MKi9200 with an appropriate SOT lead. I have just had a look, and it would appear that one is available for the Cabasse system. Not quite what I was hoping for, but keeps it looking OE!

From what I have read, the amp, tuner, etc. is wired into the car using standard ISO connectors, so I think it should just be a case of extending the ISO loom and getting a steering column remote adaptor.

Am I talking rubbish?

to be honest mate you will be suprised with the uprated stereo, it is quite good.

Similar Thread Suggestions