New Member, Albi Blue(?), 56 plate

Just collected it, generally better condition than I was expecting, FSH and just had the belt done, plus 4 good Yoko's and taxed to the end of Sep!

Drives well, but needs the A/C regassing. Also came with two keys, but I haven't tried them both yet.

Seems to have;
Xenon's
Cabasse
Keyless Go
Climate

Were any of those options, or all standard? What were the other options?

Big smile ATM!

they are all options i fink. are you sure they are xenons. have you turned them on?

yeh you have, i just just looked at the photo again, lol. you will find that you have cornering light aswel.

Welcome to the site! Xenons, climate and the stereo were all options. A/C, keyless entry and go and cruise were all standard on the 197 I believe.

Cool, thanks for that guys!

Any ideas about replacing the lense on one of the headlamps? I am assuming I should try to get a used standard headlamp and pop it in the oven, etc?

Climate was an opption as a/c was standard(eccept cup)

with headlight it's either that or replace it.

The climate not working could be more of an issue than regassing though as early 197's had a problem with the pump allways tripping out. The only cure was to replace the pump. They did say at one point you could have it reset and it would stay ok as long as you didn't use it above fan speed 3 or it would trip out again, but don't know if this has been proven.
I had the fault on mine(06) ended up having the pump replaced under warrenty after having it reset half a dozen times.

Climate was an opption as a/c was standard(eccept cup)

with headlight it's either that or replace it.

The climate not working could be more of an issue than regassing though as early 197's had a problem with the pump allways tripping out. The only cure was to replace the pump. They did say at one point you could have it reset and it would stay ok as long as you didn't use it above fan speed 3 or it would trip out again, but don't know if this has been proven.
I had the fault on mine(06) ended up having the pump replaced under warrenty after having it reset half a dozen times.

I'm guessing that a new xenon lamp unit is going to be plus expensive. Looks like £240 from Eurocarparts, though that appears to include the bulb and everything. I am assuming they are xenon as the inside of the lamp unit is black, the light appears almost blue, and there is no headlamp levelling switch?

RE: the a/c, any idea how they reset it? Was it blowing a fuse?

Ralphy, you seen what ace_parsnip has done to my old Zetec S?!?!

It is STUNNING now!!!!

Cheers, what "incident"? I have really been a forum only member, not been to FITP or anything.

He flew into a rage and ripped someones rear wiper off their car....total idiot. Anyway, that is for there lol :smile::smile:

On the underside of the centre cosole(above the cup holders) there is a flap with a hole.
Just put your finger in the hole a pull.

Similar Thread Suggestions