NEW iphone 4g

how long have people had to wait for theirs?

before i ordered mine today they said they had stock, then after id ordered it they said they have no stock but are expecting some in today, but itll be sent next day as soon as it comes in?? probs 2-3days :worried:

I picked mine up on the day it came out. All this reception doo-dar isnt that major. I've never held any of my iphones in my left hand.

I picked mine up on the day it came out. All this reception doo-dar isnt that major. I've never held any of my iphones in my left hand.

Me the wife are the same. Will still be applying for the free bumper though

Orange have told me they do it with uncapped Internet.
Will cost me £119 for the phone but will give me £140 for my 2.5 yr old 3G 8gb.
So I'll actually be better off.

What's this bumper thing.?

Orange have told me they do it with uncapped Internet.
Will cost me £119 for the phone but will give me £140 for my 2.5 yr old 3G 8gb.
So I'll actually be better off.

What's this bumper thing.?

Its just a coloured bit of rubber that goes around the silver bit in the middle.

iphone4-acc-sub-dept-header-hero.png

alot smoother. faster internet. easier to hold. facetime. better speaker. scratch resistant screen. need I go on?

im looking forward to trying out the 720p video camera and editing software, and more than anything a decent battery!

just got to hope the postman comes before I leave for work tomorow!

Had mine since day of release. On my 2nd one so far and this one will be swapped as soon as I get an appointment booked with the Genius bar.

It's awesome though, in spite of the bugs they are great.

Put your 3g on ebay, I got £250 for mine about 3 months ago (16gb).

As for 4 vs 3, I was pretty un-impressed when I got the 4....but that said I was massivly impressed when I first got the 3g, and it must be difficult to improve on something so good.

Theres a definate reduction in signal/network service in my area with the 4, and sometimes it just cuts off when showing 2bars. A couple of little bugs which dont really annoy me too much:
when adding pics to mms, sometimes it just closes msg and goes to main screen.
sometimes msg screen doesnt show the back option so I have to resetthe phone.
most annoying is for some reason not all my emails come through...i'd say 20% come through to laptop but not to phone...that one annoys me!

You wont be disapointed though, just dont expect anything MASSIVELY better than the 3g.

i have never been an iphone fan and always been into nokias through and through.

after having bother with a few different hand sets i took the plunge and went for an iphone 4.

i love it and its by far the best phone i have ever used. for me the LED display and the speed of the 3g is what did it.

i could not recommened this phone enough

what sought of bugs have you been having?

My 1st iPhone 4 was ok until 2 months had passed. Then it just kept showing "NO SIM" in the top left where the operator logo normally is. Couldnt get it working at all eventually (restored backups, put new firmware on from fresh). So took it to Apple who swapped it straight away.

My 2nd iPhone 4 has the proximity sensor bug bigtime. I cant have a single conversation on the phone without the screen coming on, causing me to drop calls or put the call on speakerphone with my ear.

Similar Thread Suggestions