NEW iphone 4g

if you only just got your 3gs then you'll have a hard time getting out of that contract mate, im at the end of mine and its costing me £20 to upgrade a month early, so think of what it will cost u lol

Been looking at reviews of these a lot because I wanted to get an iphone, but decided to buy a 3GS yesterday instead as my contract isn't up until January.

Although they look awesome, they are going to be mega expensive, even on a contract the handset will still probably cost around £250, handset only they are already on eBay in the region of £700!!

When it comes to upgrade time for me the price might have dropped and I'll consider switching.

They're not a free upgrade at all, it's only free (on O2) if you take a £60+ per month tariff and want a 16gb model. - http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/tariffs.html

You can take the sting out of the handset price by 'recycling' your old iPhone for up to £200 with O2 recycle, that's what I did.

Oh, and if you are wanting one, I'd wait a while because the materials they have made the case with are unsuitable, and if you hold the phone normally with your left hand, the 2 antenna short and the signal drops :smiley:

Last edited:
Looked at one today.
Look great
work great
big down side is they have a mg limit not un restricted like the older iPhone.
02 are not taking old phones as trade in at the moment as there is some issue with this.
Bloke in 02 shop advised waiting a while as they may soon lift mg limit.

hey i heard some people need to hold it in a different way else the reception will go bad.
is it true? thinking of getting one myself!

I have on (typing this on it) and love it. Much much better than my old 3G. The screen is near perfect. The HD videos camera is superb.

Everything is just better, faster and sharper than the iPhone of old. Would highly recommend them.

My mate picked up his one yesterday so I went round to see it as I was thinking of upgrading my iPhone 3GS. I have to say i love the looks, and the screen is noticably clearer. But this signal thing is real, and it really is annoying. Simply when you hold it, it loses signal! My friend is left handed, and it effects him worse than me (right handed). I can't believe that apple have brought out a product that does this, it's seriously stupid. I shall be waiting for a newer/revised version of the iPhone 4 personally.

I have on (typing this on it) and love it. Much much better than my old 3G. The screen is near perfect. The HD videos camera is superb.

Everything is just better, faster and sharper than the iPhone of old. Would highly recommend them.

It is a brilliant phone and is better than the 3GS it's just not better enough for me to change lol

Plus wih OS4.0 being release for the 3GS it does most of the things the iPhone 4 does :smile:

I have got one as well (typing on it now also) I have to say as a phone the power of it is so much better. Everything is much faster than my old iPhone. However I much prefer the feel of the old one with the curvy back. This one just doesn't feel as good in your hand.
The signal problem is for real as well. However I have not found it an issue being right handed but if you do cover the bottom left of the phone you do lose signal.
Personally I am happy I upgraded. And have heard they ar going to fix the signal problem with a software update. Not sure how but will report back to here if and when they do.

i want one so bad.
jus need to sell my 3gs and ill get one.
signal thing wnt bother me as its always either on ma desk at work or in my car
:thumbsup:

Similar Thread Suggestions