New Android unit

One of my next projects will be to install a new head unit (Android), I currently have the Cabasse system in my car. The new unit will be a single din unit so is it just a matter of buying the ISO adapter lead (I do not need steering wheel control) and plugging in? I do not suppose it will be that easy surely?

Thanks

I'm afraid I can't help with your technical query but I will be watching your progress with interest as I fancy fitting one of these too (not that I listen to music as much now with the Akrapovic on :smile: )

Reactions: jasonlovesfrench
With this unit you can Bluetooth to the obd port to show realtime values, speed, emissions, temperatures etc so that could be useful, also I am trying to get away from a motorised screen that will cover the heater controls, this screen is adjustable so doing some measurements soon to see if it will look ok...

With this unit you can Bluetooth to the obd port to show realtime values, speed, emissions, temperatures etc so that could be useful, also I am trying to get away from a motorised screen that will cover the heater controls, this screen is adjustable so doing some measurements soon to see if it will look ok...
Wow that sounds cool - I live gadgets and gimmicks :smile:

Looking forward to seeing how you get on. I saw a video of this headunit on Youtube and it looked great. It's just a shame you can't get a double din in the Clio without obstructing the climate controls. The centre console should have been similar to the Meganes

Thought i'd weigh in here - funnily enough I've just bought a single din Android unit last week and fitted it straight away. Works pretty well. Bought it off ebay for about £230, bit different to yours in that it has a flip out screen instead. I will upload some pics when I figure out how...

Liking the look of that. Shame it blocks the heating controls but not a deal breaker for me. Will look into one of these.

It's the Eonon GA1312 I believe. Although there are quite a few for sale which look identical but go under different names. It's a cool bit of kit, deffo recommend it. You can close the screen away without powering it off which is useful