Joying 1-DIN Android Multimedia

Seems interesting, a 1-DIN non-motorized unit, seems like it could fit well in a 197. Full Android package with satnav, BT, and all other bits and pieces.
Apparently all cars with CAN steering wheel controls will work, and controls can be remapped.

Comes in 8" and 10.1" sizes:
https://www.carjoying.com/head-unit/universal-car-head-units/8-single-din.html

Of course it's Chinese, but I've heard only good things from people buying this exact make, and this is their newest HU.

10.1" a bit too much, but 8" would be a fit... according to pictures screen can be mounted in various positions in regard to internal module if I'm not mistaken... could be good for our cars, not to cover AC controls (like motorized 1DINs).

Thoughts? Someone buying? :smile:

Oh yeah, last but not least, Joying has a EU storage for shipping within EU with no customs or import charges.

Looks good, but whichever way you mount it, it will either block the climate controls or start button/hazard switch. You could just get an aftermarket headunit with bluetooth, then buy the standard satnav housing and retrofit a phablet in there

It seems it can be mounted so it doesn't cover the AC display and sit just a mm on top of the start/stop button. Hm, need to take measurements :smile:

Reactions: DS197
It seems it can be mounted so it doesn't cover the AC display and sit just a mm on top of the start/stop button. Hm, need to take measurements :smile:
If that's the case, it would make an excellent alternative to a normal single din headunit! I'm sure it would also be very popular on this site too as it would definitely make the interior feel a bit more modern :smile:

That would look great in a Clio IMO.
Chinese Warehouse a bit off putting though:think:

That would look great in a Clio IMO.
Chinese Warehouse a bit off putting though:think:

Like I said in the original post, they have a EU warehouse as well.
So probably all models can be shipped from there.

Edit: I've just asked them, so let's see.

Reactions: Big Ben
I have used these Chinese units of different types in my Focus ST, Nissan 350Z, Honda CrV, Dodge (the list goes on) and all have been excellent units, most units are fitted with Samsung processors and I too will be fitting the Joying unit in the Clio...

Reactions: Big Ben
According to my measurements, 7" unit when fitted would only visually cover half of lower two buttons of the climate control, nothing else.
Buttons would still be functional as the display sits a bit in front.

Could be a great unit for the 197.

Similar Thread Suggestions