200T: My two cents on the new Clio 4 RS

They are funny to p!ss about with lol. When in Germany @Stephen had the UFO setting on with the windows down - made me chuckle.

From outside the car though i like, good little exhaust note on the gear shifts

One of my friends was howling with laughter when i put that UFO setting on!:d

One of my friends was howling with laughter when i put that UFO setting on!:d

Bit of a silly idea and i dont really see the point in it, however its pretty funny to use

En route to the 'ring last year would be all quite then id just randomly hear the UFO noise down the walkie talkie

They could be waiting to produce a facelifted Gordini version! They've perfected the back of the car looks wise IMO but the front needs work.

Generally gordini is just different wheels (usually ugly ones), different paint and stripes down the middle. And a slightly different interior. They are not going to bring out a facelift version just for the gordini lol.

Generally gordini is just different wheels (usually ugly ones), different paint and stripes down the middle. And a slightly different interior. They are not going to bring out a facelift version just for the gordini lol.

They brought out a 200 Gordini, not a 197 Gordini if I'm correct? They could be doing the same with this mark.

They brought out a 200 Gordini, not a 197 Gordini if I'm correct? They could be doing the same with this mark.

I read your original post as you meaning they were bringing out the gordini version as the facelift.

Generally the gordini is the facelift yeh, 200 being one example and 182 being another.

Does anybody know if these have got some form of electrical dif on them? I ask as I was joining the motorway today and I accelerated out of the corner to the slip road pretty hard and it felt like it properly dragged me around! It wasn't the traction control cutting in as it didn't cut the power

Does anybody know if these have got some form of electrical dif on them? I ask as I was joining the motorway today and I accelerated out of the corner to the slip road pretty hard and it felt like it properly dragged me around! It wasn't the traction control cutting in as it didn't cut the power

Quote...

"The Clio RS 200 EDC makes use of a new quasi torque vectoring system that can brake the inside front wheel to reduce understeer. It works a treat in improving the car's stability, making it very forgiving during sharp or sudden turns."

So the answer is "yes it does".

Drove the 197 for 7 years. really loved the car, and especially the high revving engine (over 100 k miles). Since a short while i drive a 200 edc with cup chassis. The 197 is more fun to drive bcause it need to be worked. Revs must be kept over 5k... and loved the sound of the screaming 2 litre.
On the other hand, the handling of the 200 edc is really well (cup cassis). the suspension is comparable to the normal 197 (maybe a little bit more firm). The car doesn't need to be worked that hard, wich can be easier in the daily traffic. I also love the grubmle of the engine (however it is much quiter then f4r RS engine) Maybe i will get some louder exhaust in the future.
But both cars are so different but both are very good. I really loved my 197, but also love my 200 edc now...

Last edited:
On the gear box i have a few comments. when manually changing gear with paddles on the steer, it reacts a bit slow, which can be annoying especially in the first gear. I got the impression that it reacts faster when using the stick for manual gear changes. Also i am used to the very short gearing of the 2007 clio 197. In the 200 edc the gap between 3 rd and 4 th is big.

On the gear box i have a few comments. when manually changing gear with paddles on the steer, it reacts a bit slow, which can be annoying especially in the first gear. I got the impression that it reacts faster when using the stick for manual gear changes. Also i am used to the very short gearing of the 2007 clio 197. In the 200 edc the gap between 3 rd and 4 th is big.

Good points.

"it reacts a bit slow" ... I think in some ways you have hit the nail on the head here. A little bit difficult to describe really. But here goes ... I don't personally think it's because the actual gear change is slow. Even in normal mode, it's supposed to be no more than 200ms. Don't know about you, but I doubt if I could shift gears that fast in a manual car. It sometimes feels more like a delay between you pulling a paddle and the gear box reacting. I'm half wondering if a delay has been programmed into the software for the box!? Or is it something to do with the switch itself? Or is it a tactile / audible feedback issue (IE. you only think it's slow). Or am I just talking ******** (don't answer that please :d).

"In the 200 edc the gap between 3 rd and 4 th is big" ... again I totally agree. My guess would be the gear spacing has been "tweaked" to produce the best official MPG figures. Maybe crying out for a 7-speed box?

I shall be VERY interested to see where Renault goes with this car now. As the Chineese are want to say "we live in interesting times"

Good points.

"it reacts a bit slow" ... I think in some ways you have hit the nail on the head here. A little bit difficult to describe really. But here goes ... I don't personally think it's because the actual gear change is slow. Even in normal mode, it's supposed to be no more than 200ms. Don't know about you, but I doubt if I could shift gears that fast in a manual car. It sometimes feels more like a delay between you pulling a paddle and the gear box reacting. I'm half wondering if a delay has been programmed into the software for the box!? Or is it something to do with the switch itself? Or is it a tactile / audible feedback issue (IE. you only think it's slow). Or am I just talking ******** (don't answer that please :d).

"In the 200 edc the gap between 3 rd and 4 th is big" ... again I totally agree. My guess would be the gear spacing has been "tweaked" to produce the best official MPG figures. Maybe crying out for a 7-speed box?

I shall be VERY interested to see where Renault goes with this car now. As the Chineese are want to say "we live in interesting times"

The gear shift itself is blazing fast. there is only a slight delay when pulling the paddles and the actual gear shift itself. Concerning 3rd and 4th gear, i understand it is a compromise between acceleration, fuel consumption, comfort and top speed. With my previous car (2007 197) i experienced often that i wanted to shift to the 7th gear that didn't existed.

Just letting everyone know, I didn't think the thread would heat up this much so I've edited the front post to look a little more mature.
[MENTION=238]sknippen[/MENTION] I completely agree with the 7th gear. 3,500rpm in 6th gear at 70mph is nuts in the 197/200. Not sure about the 200T though, not really had it as a daily.

Just letting everyone know, I didn't think the thread would heat up this much so I've edited the front post to look a little more mature.
@sknippen I completely agree with the 7th gear. 3,500rpm in 6th gear at 70mph is nuts in the 197/200. Not sure about the 200T though, not really had it as a daily.

All of your threads lately are getting to be large :tongueout:

Good points.

"it reacts a bit slow" ... I think in some ways you have hit the nail on the head here. A little bit difficult to describe really. But here goes ... I don't personally think it's because the actual gear change is slow. Even in normal mode, it's supposed to be no more than 200ms. Don't know about you, but I doubt if I could shift gears that fast in a manual car. It sometimes feels more like a delay between you pulling a paddle and the gear box reacting.
I'm half wondering if a delay has been programmed into the software for the box!? Or is it something to do with the switch itself? Or is it a tactile / audible feedback issue (IE. you only think it's slow). Or am I just talking ******** (don't answer that please :d).

Think this sums it up tbh, I agree with this.