200T: My two cents on the new Clio 4 RS

I thought this was a cracking car. But I'm not ready for 4 doors lol.

I thought this was a cracking car. But I'm not ready for 4 doors lol.

I love mine... tbf all I really use it for is commuting but its great, loads of fun down the country roads ect. Looking forward to taking it round the ring again next year specially once its been tinkered with :smiley:

I think they're a perfect happy medium, pop to the shops in Auto, and it's brilliant in stop start traffic, no aching left leg for the clutch lol.

Then, fun time, paddle shifts and launch control.

What tinkering are you doing [MENTION=4601]Stephen[/MENTION] ? Map only or other mods?

What tinkering are you doing @Stephen ? Map only or other mods?

H&R springs are being bought when I get paid... was going to get them this month but Paul wants a completely standard car to map so they can wait :smile: That will probably be all by the time we go to Germany tbh. Then maybe an exhaust and airbox (only if it doesn't make that annoying whooshing noise lol)

Have they kept the same piston and rods as the larger turbo engine though?

If that's the case, could see some badass modded clio's in the future. Slap the Original Turbo on it and I can assume that you get far more ponies, am I correct?

The smaller turbo is more powerful than the bigger one it replaced, it is also a LOT more responsive! These things easily push it 250 hp after a remap as well!

It's not all about power. Bigger turbo, more lag..less drivable.

Small turbo, quick spool, very responsive. Easy for a day to day drive.

The smaller turbo is more powerful than the bigger one it replaced, it is also a LOT more responsive! These things easily push it 250 hp after a remap as well!
Vouch for that, after owning the original clio sport (2 litres into one car, it goes pappa) for those old enough to remember, then a 172 cup / 182 trophy and now 200t, the 200t is a perfect blend. Instead of a leap back I would argue a leap forward due to the suspension and competence on ours roads. As for the body roll comment, not really a constructive judgment I suspect!! Try watching chris Harris on road and track for a more rounded view.

Last edited:
Never heard of a Sprint Booster but sounds interesting. What is it? Where is it fitted?

Plugs into cable that goes into accelator pedal.

Massivley increases throttle response. Is freakin awesome.
[MENTION=3782]Chris197F1[/MENTION] has a Mini group buy on them atm for a lower price. I would have jumped on this but was lucky enough to find a second hand one, they dont come up that often and go quick when they do.

Interesting read Gents. Just to confirm though, I really like the 200t's. If I did get one though it would have to be stiffened up a bit and lowered with spacers. I'd also tinker with the front bumper and remove the Renault Badge along with the gloss black v line. That's just me though.

I'm still amazed at that gearbox and blowing sound through the exhaust though... daaaaaaaaaamn.

Are they releasing a Gordini version with more performance?

Interesting read Gents. Just to confirm though, I really like the 200t's. If I did get one though it would have to be stiffened up a bit and lowered with spacers. I'd also tinker with the front bumper and remove the Renault Badge along with the gloss black v line. That's just me though.

I'm still amazed at that gearbox and blowing sound through the exhaust though... daaaaaaaaaamn.

Cant imagine so, the MK3 Gordini was just a 200 with a different paint job wasn't it? Theres a Monaco GP Edition 200T or something which just has a black roof and a few other bits.

[MENTION=51839]copse[/MENTION] check out the group buy section for details or my trader section where there are a few reviews of the sprint booster from fellow members

Just like the 200 was a facelifted 197, Id expect to see a facelift 200T in the near future and that will probably have the performance increase. Peugeot are getting something ridiculous like 270bhp out of their 1.6T in their RCZ-R for reference :smile:

Sure it's not just the speakers making the V6 or GTR or Alpine sound?

Those effects sounds rubbish! :bash:

The actual engine sounds very nice with the pops & bangs on the overrun! It even has induction noise put through the cabin (not through the speakers) !

Those effects sounds rubbish! :bash:

The actual engine sounds very nice with the pops & bangs on the overrun! It even has induction noise put through the cabin (not through the speakers) !

They are funny to p!ss about with lol. When in Germany [MENTION=4601]Stephen[/MENTION] had the UFO setting on with the windows down - made me chuckle.

From outside the car though i like, good little exhaust note on the gear shifts

Cant imagine so, the MK3 Gordini was just a 200 with a different paint job wasn't it? Theres a Monaco GP Edition 200T or something which just has a black roof and a few other bits.

IIRC the Gordini models in the past have been the more hardcore options? However with the 200 it was just a paint job and Renault demanding a few more £££ (which upset customers).

Was a rumored 200T gordini with approx 230BHP wasnt there? Although as i say, its a rumour.

Am sure if there was one planned id have heard about it from Jack / Jacks Dad - remember a longggg time before the 200T was announced / released he had told me roughly what the next clio (200T) was going to be like etc