200T: My two cents on the new Clio 4 RS

Did you have your handbrake on whilst driving around with 4 flat tyres by any chance?

Felt like it had flat tyres with the crappy body roll and sloppy disconnected feel it has but no it had 4 fully inflated tyres and handbrake was off obviously.

To be honest a 197 with poor underinflated tyres would handle and feel better than the 200t. Did you actually buy one? Lol.

Felt like it had flat tyres with the crappy body roll and sloppy disconnected feel it has but no it had 4 fully inflated tyres and handbrake was off obviously.

To be honest a 197 with poor underinflated tyres would handle and feel better than the 200t. Did you actually buy one? Lol.

I've got one but i haven't bought one with my own money. I think the car handles brilliantly and goes well in a straight line! However each to their own. Fancy a change next so i'm considering a 265 with cup chassis....

I've got one but i haven't bought one with my own money. I think the car handles brilliantly and goes well in a straight line! However each to their own. Fancy a change next so i'm considering a 265 with cup chassis....

Exactly bud each to their own and suppose it depends how far owners want a RS clio down the scale of easy commuter to more track focused handling.

Exactly bud each to their own and suppose it depends how far owners want a RS clio down the scale of easy commuter to more track focused handling.

Exactly, my test of handling is a few roundabouts and country roads, which the 200T handles effortlessly. However as it is a more focused everyday road car than the previous version it might not feel as great when going for it. Did you drive a sport or cup chassis version? I cant explain it feeling slow as its faster than other similar standard cars of its type, it might be because of its linear engine and being automatic.

Driving around town on the red-line?

also every review I have read has said the gearchange is rather slow, so have a drive of one yourself before critisizing the handling etc.

The gearchanges were like lightning and the handling was no where near the Clio 197/200 Era. Gearchanges reminded me of a Sadev box.

I've been in the passenger seat of one and you can easily feel understeer where the tyres start to feel like they're on gravel.

"Driving around town on the red-line?" - It's a saying. There are only ever towns in South Wales/Swansea and very short duals.

Exactly, my test of handling is a few roundabouts and country roads, which the 200T handles effortlessly. However as it is a more focused everyday road car than the previous version it might not feel as great when going for it. Did you drive a sport or cup chassis version? I cant explain it feeling slow as its faster than other similar standard cars of its type, it might be because of its linear engine and being automatic.

I think the 200T is better for the road really, where the 197/200 was smack bang in the middle. What do you reckon?

I think the 200T is better for the road really, where the 197/200 was smack bang in the middle. What do you reckon?

I agree with this completely. I do sometimes think to get another mk3 but just cant downgrade to an older model now IMO. Would rather get something else.

I agree with this. Not really spent much time in a 197/200 but it is more hardcore! I spend most of my time on the road so i prefer the 200T in that aspect. If i wanted a track car i'd spend £2k on a 182 and keep the 200T for road use!

I agree with this completely. I do sometimes think to get another mk3 but just cant downgrade to an older model now IMO. Would rather get something else.

I sometimes miss having a manual gearbox. I'm contemplating getting some form of Megane RS 250 or 265 when it comes to handing mine back next year.

You guys keep going on about how good or bad renault have made the 200t engine it's not even a renault engine its a nissan engine and if you look underneath it even has a nissan branded oil filter fitted , so renault havnt even bothered to try and make their own engine and put someone else's engine in the Clio the lazy *******s

Whoever bought yours for you want to buy me one?

You guys keep going on about how good or bad renault have made the 200t engine it's not even a renault engine its a nissan engine and if you look underneath it even has a nissan branded oil filter fitted , so renault havnt even bothered to try and make their own engine and put someone else's engine in the Clio the lazy *******s

Its a Nissan engine block, they changed the turbo to a smaller one along with the air intake & some other things

Its a Nissan engine block, they changed the turbo to a smaller one along with the air intake & some other things

Have they kept the same piston and rods as the larger turbo engine though?

If that's the case, could see some badass modded clio's in the future. Slap the Original Turbo on it and I can assume that you get far more ponies, am I correct?

Have they kept the same piston and rods as the larger turbo engine though?

If that's the case, could see some badass modded clio's in the future. Slap the Original Turbo on it and I can assume that you get far more ponies, am I correct?

Is there room in the bay?