My Raider Wheel Project | Centre Cap's Done | First Wheel Started!

Recently bought a set of raiders to use while I get my Speedline's refurbed, and thought I'd put a thread up of what I am doing to the raiders. Will update with photos and write up's during the course of it.

I bought the Raider's of a member of here already sandblasted so basically ready for paint, came with centre caps aswell, which I started to prep today!!

I am going to be painting the wheels Rover Stone Grey with a gloss black Renault Badge.

Firstly I removed the badge from the centre cap and sanded the badges back to give them a good key for primer. In between coats of the 3 coats of primer i started to sand back the centre caps. This took a while haha.

Anyway here's some photos that I have taken from today.

5cd26149.jpg

d06e098a.jpg

169f29e0.jpg

0ca591f6.jpg

6f720139.jpg

df33ceb1.jpg

f6683386.jpg

d4a50de5.jpg

f2b0e733.jpg

I have another day off tomorrow, so going to leave the primer to fully dry before I start paint. The centre cap will be going Rover Stone Grey and the Renault Badge will be Gloss Black.

Not to sure when the actual painting of the wheels is going to be but will be updating this thread when I do so!

Sorry for the poor quality photos, only have my iPhone!

Cheers guys, any advice would be greatly appreciated as this is my first time painting!

Last edited:
You'll need more than two cans for the colour. I used 6 cans on my St170 alloys when I did them.

Centre caps finished today, and put them back together :smile:

b334a81d.jpg

99a92a3e.jpg

Fairly decent job for my first time spraying, if I do say so myself.

On to the wheels next which will be the real test!

First Wheel Started

Started to do the first of four wheels yesterday.

Started off be sanding a few bits on the wheels that where missed by the sandblasters. Then cleaned the wheel thoroughly to get excess dust and contaminates off. Primer then, did three coats of this, and then the old wet and dry to prepare for paint.

b4475e2b.jpg

ae101700.jpg

897d5921.jpg

And today before work (but got sent home because I had Holiday's booked today which I forgot about) I started to put the first and second coats of paint onto the wheels. Messed up a bit on the first coat if I'm honest, as I had one run in the paint, but that has been corrected now and now there are no runs in the paint, it's a nice even finish. Just one more coat to for paint, and will start lacquer.

3ccf2c05.jpg

b2a08159.jpg

f0ab3fee.jpg

Cheers