My Raider Wheel Project | Centre Cap's Done | First Wheel Started!

Cheers guys!

Third and final coat going on the first wheel today. And maybe one coat of lacquer.

In the middle of doing the centre console and interior bits for WelshTom1990 to.

Cheers guys!

Third and final coat going on the first wheel today. And maybe one coat of lacquer.

In the middle of doing the centre console and interior bits for WelshTom1990 to.

Yeah they are looking class, shall get the pics up soon. Got a bit of skill there FairPlay :thumbsup:

Finished one wheel now!!

f54c6a3c.jpg

0bb505dc.jpg

79742090.jpg

With Centre cap;

d1c5f3e8.jpg

29256e4e.jpg

Really pleased on how this one has come out! Let's get on to the next three!!!

What are the chances of chipping/flaking?

They are not getting put on the car for a least a month after the paint has gone on, so it has properly dried.

3 primers
3 coats of paint
3 lacquer

Down the line I imagine they will, but they are only being used while I get my white speedlines refurbed, and might keep them for winter wheels after that.

Look awsome craig ! done a good job on them by the looks dude.

Im not a fan of the black wheels on my UR197 so ive been looking at doing them anthracite. I used ford graphite grey on my previouse cars but its quite dark and i fancied going a bit lighter this time, that rovery grey looks a lovely shade so i might look into getting them done that colour.

Look awsome craig ! done a good job on them by the looks dude.

Im not a fan of the black wheels on my UR197 so ive been looking at doing them anthracite. I used ford graphite grey on my previouse cars but its quite dark and i fancied going a bit lighter this time, that rovery grey looks a lovely shade so i might look into getting them done that colour.

Cheers dude. Yeah they aren't to dark and are not to light.

Pug Cossak Grey was another choice to. Bit lighter than the rover stone grey though

have you sprayed the back of them so the paint overlaps as this is where it will flake off in time i know mine are ready for their second refurb

Just one more to do that's all.

And yes I have sprayed the face, and the inside of the wheel. The only bit unpainted is a small bit around the middle of the wheel where the tyre will be anyway.

Just one more to do that's all.

And yes I have sprayed the face, and the inside of the wheel. The only bit unpainted is a small bit around the middle of the wheel where the tyre will be anyway.

nice one Craig i might have a do at my own this time i have a spare and looking at your results it's got to be worth a punt and as all 4 of mine need doing i'll probably save myself £150 quid.

They will chip and very easily too. I did a full set of Focus St170 Wheels in ford nimbus grey. Lots of coats of primer, paint and laquer and I got a friend to bake them too. left them a good 2-3 weeks after baking before I had tires fitted, first time out they started to chip (They still looked good but you'd notice very quickly)