My last ciggy! (Ultra red 197 project) update 02/07/11

Looks great fella! Would be good to see the hubs re-drilled to suit the alloys, should open a world of possibilities for other styles...

Could anyone confirm that the centre bore for the Clio is defiantly 60.1? Just on ordering these adapters now.. A quick reply would be much appreciated

Cheers

Yes. Deffinately 60.1 centre bore.

Was deffinately worth all the work and hastle that went into the build, only thing it wasn't worth was the house getting broke into by someone after the key card while we were in bed :worried:

Got absolutely slated at first for going down that route and not making a track car.
Was never about how fast it could go around a track for me, I bought and moded mine based on looks.

Loads of thread/pics of mine in the gallery if your interested. Just do a search for threads started by me in the gallery.

Yes. Deffinately 60.1 centre bore.

Was deffinately worth all the work and hastle that went into the build, only thing it wasn't worth was the house getting broke into by someone after the key card while we were in bed :worried:

Got absolutely slated at first for going down that route and not making a track car.
Was never about how fast it could go around a track for me, I bought and moded mine based on looks.

Loads of thread/pics of mine in the gallery if your interested. Just do a search for threads started by me in the gallery.

Yea, im not too overly fussed about performance, then again i wouldnt consider over doing the stretch on the tire to result in not even been able to enjoy a quick backroad sesh on a sunday morning like and low enough to re surface the road!

Collecting these adapters next weekend, so moment of truth will be then. il keep you guys updated like..

Really cant wait to see these on the car. Think its gonna look brilliant. BBS isnt a VAG thing only, loads of European scenes use them. (Including racing teams) Different is good. Like the guy on here with the RAYS on his. My favourite wheel on here. (but outta my price tag)

Good on you for being different, like i said, cant wait to see these on. Fingers crossed.

Really cant wait to see these on the car. Think its gonna look brilliant. BBS isnt a VAG thing only, loads of European scenes use them. (Including racing teams) Different is good. Like the guy on here with the RAYS on his. My favourite wheel on here. (but outta my price tag)

Good on you for being different, like i said, cant wait to see these on. Fingers crossed.

aye there in every other fitment other than 5x108. yea going to try them this weekend then decide on tyre and size :smile:

Wheels on.. just waiting on tyres. Had them on today just to check the width and to help me decide on the tyre size. over all happy, they look well :smile: adapters work perfect

wheels5.jpg

wheels1.jpg

wheels2.jpg

wheels3.jpg

:0

wheels4.jpg

Nice but I'd recommend you get some kind of spats/flaps on the front to stop the rear arches getting as many stone chips.
The 197 suffer quite bad from this even on standard set up let alone with wheels that prodrude even further out.

Yea they do, to be honest that last photo is kind of a bad angle because there flush with the top of the arch mind. But yea i may have to look into some sort of guard to protect from stone chips. would a mud flap help you reckon?

Yeah diffinately will help. But problem is getting some for the 197/200.
A place on fleasbay that did them seams to have stopped selling them(do a search on the site,there was a thread about them)
I made some spats out of some bits of carbon,someone else made some out of the rubber/plastic you can get for rally flaps.

Those wheels will look awesome when on! Surely spacers like that are an awesome solution to the problem of having to use longer bolts! As they have the threads sticking out!!