My last ciggy! (Ultra red 197 project) update 02/07/11

So here we go, a new motor and a new beginning in what ive already found could be very eventful
Picked up my 197 just over a month ago.. 45k, 2 owner, fsh and in good condition.
Overall happy with the car, drives great. performance handling all really good, impressed by the quality of the standard audio too

photo.jpg

Browsing about i came across this spoiler on k-tec, by far personally the best one. i dont mid the cup spoiler but on a standard 197 it kinda looks a little out of place, but just my opinion. So it arrived the other day all primed and ready for spraying

spoiler.jpg

Havent decided wether i prefere it with or without as yet, but no doubt i will get this sprayed in the near future

spoiler3.jpg

spoiler2.jpg

At first from scouting around at parts and bits (mostly wheels) ive come to terms witt the fact that the 5x108 renault bolt pattern is just a disaster and that the high offsets also dont help with any decent oem wheel.. but what the hell. Any wheel can fit any car just with a little hard work and patience. So heres the plan...
Picked these up off a friend of mine a while back, he had them laid about in the garage with no use. There off his mk5 gti..

I know a guy who can make me some custom adapters for these but with the offset of the CH been 45 i already dont have much room to place. Minimum width of the adapter being 15mm. Im all for a little bit of poke on the wheels and a little stretch on the tire but wether this will be too much i dont know

Option 2..well ive looked into pricing up some new disks front and rear, came back at a fair price. The other option is to have the hub re-drilled to the 5x112 fitment. The centre bore of the BBS wheels are 73, so spiggot ring would be need, which aint too much of a problem.I know a guy that could re-drill these and thread them and this would mean there woould be no need for adapters and the offset and width would work fine, then again i do think the 197 arches do deserve some extra width! pics below

photo2.jpg

finished in shadow chrome..

poke.jpg

Where the wheel will sit BEFORE any adapters, thanks to my mate mike there lol

hub-1.jpg

Basically as mentioned from above the idea of re-drilling the 5x112 holes between the 5x108 renault bolt pattern and having them threaded. Also been able to keep the origional 5x108 pattern.
havent seen any clios on genuine BBS wheels before so hope this works out. Its never let me down in the past so here goes something a little different

As for the title, well ive been saving my last tab for once id finished this essay :0 *******

Cheers si

Thought id pop a photo of my old motor, with the bentleys... I hope the Ch's work out like they did..

DSC_0481.jpg

DSC_0471.jpg

DSC_0479.jpg

miss that :worried:

nice motors dude ! You can easily get a fair few wheels for the clio, its just knowing where to look :wink: . Try volvo, ford, jag to name a few 5 x 108 and on a 7-7.5" wide ET45 fills the arches nicely. 8" go for ET55

Cheers mate, thanks for the advice

Found a load of ford fitment and Volvo fitment wheels, but wasn't too impressed. Just want to try bringing a little flavouring from the german scene to the fcs like. Il get em on :tongueout:

I'm not sure BBS wheels really suit the Clio, very much a VAG wheel imo.

But hey, it'll be different and I keep hearing people complain mk3 owners cars all look OEM :tongueout:

Welcome mate and nice cars. The K-tec spoiler is a favourite of mine too, but I went down the original route and bought a Renault 'Sport' spoiler from the standard Clio range. Good luk with the wheels, seems like you have your work cut out with them!

I love those wheels! Would be interested to see what it looks like if you can get them on! Get it lowered a little too :wink:

FYI BBS made some alloys for volvo which are the right stud pattern. Not the same model as your but split rims. There are two rims for sale on ebay atm.

Cheers for the comments,

the wheels are off a mk5 golf gti edition 30 yea

Going to maybes give this guy a shout tomorrow at some point to see about these adapters. 15mm will be my limit I think.

Then coilovers, been looking at h&r, with custom rear springs too, as a lot of people I've seen are complaining about the rear height not been as low as excepted even without the adapters in. Had the adapters out on previous cars of mine and was happy with the height but made some unusual noises so would definitely leave them
In this time round too

So keeping my eyes peeled to for a decent set of coilies :smile:

Welcome to the site.
I was from a vag background so put alot of that inspiration into mine.
This is how low mine sat one coilies and custom rear springs.
c4540d0f.jpg