My Full Fat Mistress - 293bhp F4RT - The end of an era...

Very good mate glad you are sorted now:thumbup:You should come and wipe the cobwebs of the turbo on the 11th aug run out.

^^^ what Mark said ! I'm sure there will be a few up for passenger rides, I'm going to have to read this thread from start to finish now to see how it started :smile:

The Spec:

Engine:

• Megane 230 - 33,000 miles
  • New cambelt and aux kit
  • ARP rod bolts
  • KTec induction kit
  • Mishimoto intercooler - one big mother
  • SC Auto Electrics 63mm hard pipe kit
  • Forge Motorsport silicone cooling pipes
  • ASH Silicone induction hose
  • Ktec 3" decat pipe
  • Milltek link pipe
  • Vibratechnics fast road engine mounts
  • titanium exhaust wrap
  • Custom made turbo heat shield
  • Sprintbooster

Gearbox:
  • Clio 200 gearbox
  • New clutch kit

Chassis:
  • Ultra Racing upper strut bar
  • Ultra Racing lower chassis brace
  • Ultra Racing rear ARB
  • Apex Lowering springs

Wheels:
  • Rota Boost 17x8 et45

Bodywork:
  • Carbon Fibre bonnet
  • Carbon fibre cup spoiler tips
  • Front bumper corner splitters
  • Front bumper canards
  • Custom made tow hook

As most of you know 2 companies have been involved in this conversion. Noble Motorsport of Chesterfield and SC Auto Electrics (SteC) in Bolton.

Ste cleaned and built the engine with the ARP rod bolts, putting on everything from the turbo, decat, exhaust wrap coolant hoses and custom Meg/Clio wiring loom. This was then delivered to Nobles.

Noble Motorsport had already taken out my old engine and gave the engine bay a proper clean. They put in the new clutch and put the gearbox on then popped the engine in.

Once the engine was in they then set about fabricating the turbo heatshield, the custom braket for the expansion tank and basically wired everything up ready to go.
The job that Nobles did was as expected very professional and very OEM so understandably I'm very happy with their workmanship.

The car then went back to Ste in Bolton for the mounting of intercooler and the massive prototype hard pipe kit, at 63 mm this kit is around 12mm larger than the ktec and forge kits that are. Its also a work of art and has less joining points.

The main issue has been the availability of the correct R26 ecu, gladly this was sorted but was a headache. The work by Ste been outstanding and very OEM, overall I am ecstatic with it all and with everything that Ste and Nobles have done.

You've only got to look at the figures and the graph to see that Ste knows his onions very well indeed.

Next up is for me to collect the car on Thursday and provide a full drivers report and hopefully with some vids.

Plans for the rest of the summer are some new coilovers, ones that havnt been seen on a Clio yet and also a very tasty Cazan Racing branded 8 pot big brake kit.

Already thinking about hybrid turbo and larger injectors.. :smile:

Last edited:
I've gotta get some passenger laps in this at some point.

Though near as makes no difference 300 BHP and 300 torques and no diff?

I've gotta get some passenger laps in this at some point.

Though near as makes no difference 300 BHP and 300 torques and no diff?

Wouldn't you rather have some driver laps?

I'm sure a diff will be on the cards at some point mate, maybe even the Meg box.

S'pose.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the September How Fast? is gonna go ahead (Not many numbers) as I might have just been able to make it.

Wow what a beast, it's going to be like having a new car, bet you can't wait to pick it up?

Brilliant work by all involved!

OEM one mark. Gonna go hybrid in a few months because at the power its running it won't last... Lol

Just noticed that there mate when I re-read it. My standard injectors were at 104% duty at 280/280 on a KTR Hybrid you'd be better getting them done sooner rather than later mate.

The car will be amazing I know mines decent at 295/310 but its just not a Clio :worried:

Just noticed that there mate when I re-read it. My standard injectors were at 104% duty at 280/280 on a KTR Hybrid you'd be better getting them done sooner rather than later mate.

The car will be amazing I know mines decent at 295/310 but its just not a Clio :worried:

Not sure what percentage the injectors are running at mate, Ste and I discussed and agreed that we should keep them within safe limits. I think the massive hard pipe is helping with the figures tbh, the extra cooling effect the turbo is working much more efficiently.