my clio 200 booked in for exhaust and remap

Exaclty, this should be an interesting one to see how the Akrapovic system performs on the dyno.

David.

How do you explain that? If this is a custom map and the engine isn't physically capable of reaching its full potential. Is the map adaptive?

Last edited:
the map wont change, but it the mechical side that loosens up and improves performance, so whether you map it now or later you will still get the same out come. ie brand new car 180bhp, 20k later goes upto 190bhp, map it brand new say you gain 5bhp which is norm, so you will have 185bhp 20k later it will be 195bhp. if you leave it alone and get it mapped at 20k its still going to be 190bhp with 5bhp after the map. also the ecu is adaptive anyway, theres only so many things you do before the ecu trys adjusting so you cant get anymore.

the map wont change, but it the mechical side that loosens up and improves performance, so whether you map it now or later you will still get the same out come. ie brand new car 180bhp, 20k later goes upto 190bhp, map it brand new say you gain 5bhp which is norm, so you will have 185bhp 20k later it will be 195bhp. if you leave it alone and get it mapped at 20k its still going to be 190bhp with 5bhp after the map. also the ecu is adaptive anyway, theres only so many things you do before the ecu trys adjusting so you cant get anymore.

this is what i thought about the car it shouldnt make a difference if you do it now or later. because like you say the ecu is adaptive and will ajust accordingly, i think k teck say on webisite blog that a 200 made about 16bhp from the stage 1 tuning package, i dont know how many miles that car had on but whatever mileage thats impressive. will be interesting to see how the akropovic evo system performs with the remap. who knows i might get close to the magic 200 number?

16bhp will be through out the rev range ie 10bhp at 5500rpm and 5bhp at peak. not if you print out reads 180bhp you will gain 16bhp and will go upto 196 bhp.

this is what i thought about the car it shouldnt make a difference if you do it now or later. because like you say the ecu is adaptive and will ajust accordingly, i think k teck say on webisite blog that a 200 made about 16bhp from the stage 1 tuning package, i dont know how many miles that car had on but whatever mileage thats impressive. will be interesting to see how the akropovic evo system performs with the remap. who knows i might get close to the magic 200 number?

A car that makes 16bhp would have been down on power. You'll never see a strong F4R making these gains as there is a limit. Also 200hp is achievable if you run the car in properly.

I was asking if the post mapped ecu is adaptive to physical changes within the engine. If you look on other forums most people advise not to map until an engine it is fully run in with all mods done.

If Ktec can confirm the ecu is fully adaptive with their map and the mapped ecu will continue to adjust to its maximum capability as it continues to run in then I will buy a map from them sooner rather than later.

it wille be 16bhp through the rev range. The most peak power ive seen on a standard low powered engine is 9bhp and that was with a ktec exhaust fitted at the same time.