my clio 200 booked in for exhaust and remap

ive finally decided that my lovely clio needs abit more poke so ive got it booked in at k tech for the stage 1 remap along with a ktr pro performance exhaust. car was dynoed at 179 bhp at fly and 145 ibs/ft. just touched 6000 miles so im hoping it will be able to get near the 190 mark. anybody got a ktr pro performace exhaust? do they sound even better in the flesh as to a video?

Hey there, I haven't personally got one but have heard one on a Clio 200 at the Peterborough meet a few days ago and it does sound very nice indeed! I doubt you will be disappointed!

i was going to wait til after warrenty ran out but 2 years is a long time plus renault told me only exhaust will be invalid so ive had go for it

i was going to wait til after warrenty ran out but 2 years is a long time plus renault told me only exhaust will be invalid so ive had go for it

Yeh well i dont blame you dude, i was thinking about getting one for mine but tbh i dont mind the standard noise. All i have is an ITG panel filter, most say there is no difference in noise with one of those but i think you do get a change in sound/engine note etc. Only a small one mind. But meh, each to their own i say.

Also you might find that your flywheel figure will increase if left unmapped anyway just due to the engine bedding in further etc, i have heard that these engines take a few miles to get fully up to power how ever daft that may sound and i dont know if there is any hard truth in it or not but might be worth keeping in mind. When mine was mapped at TDF by Matt it made 187bhp before and 193 afterwards. Totally standard.

Last edited:
My 197 has just turned to 35k now and when I had it on the rollers at 33k it read 193.5BHP & 158.2lb.Ft with just an ITG Panel.

Everything I've read points towards them opening up more and more with a few miles as long as they're looked after and service properly.

I must admit though, that K-Tec system is on my shopping list but I think the standard system sounds bloody good so I'm in two minds as to what to do. Get yourself in a decent tunnel with the windows down and give it some abuse in third gear, believe me, the standard system isn't THAT shy. :wink:

My 197 has just turned to 35k now and when I had it on the rollers at 33k it read 193.5BHP & 158.2lb.Ft with just an ITG Panel.

Everything I've read points towards them opening up more and more with a few miles as long as they're looked after and service properly.

I must admit though, that K-Tec system is on my shopping list but I think the standard system sounds bloody good so I'm in two minds as to what to do. Get yourself in a decent tunnel with the windows down and give it some abuse in third gear, believe me, the standard system isn't THAT shy. :wink:

Yes i know what your saying about the standard system thats the same reason why i dont really wanna change mine. 193 standard is very good! Mine had an ITG panel filter at the time too.

I've never put any of my cars on the rollers before so it was all new to me and I was cacking it incase something went wrong hahaha!!! I was well impressed with the figures, but I suppose I could put it on somewhere else and it could be -/+10BHP depending on the dyno and it's calibration etc. The main thing is that it feels damn good on the road and the track. :wink:

Benclio, let us know how you get on, I might have to make a trip down there myself if I ever make my mind up. :smiley:

I've never put any of my cars on the rollers before so it was all new to me and I was cacking it incase something went wrong hahaha!!! I was well impressed with the figures, but I suppose I could put it on somewhere else and it could be -/+10BHP depending on the dyno and it's calibration etc. The main thing is that it feels damn good on the road and the track. :wink:

Benclio, let us know how you get on, I might have to make a trip down there myself if I ever make my mind up. :smiley:

I was the same mate, Matt @ TDF was saying how he has seen 197's make like sub 180bhp and i was like "thats gonna be me knowing my luck" but in the end 187 he mentioned was bang on the money. And i guess after the map 193 is pretty good along with sorting out flatspots, rev range and cold start issues.

Not sure why anyone would say mapping a standard 197 is pointless, it clearly isnt!

il ask ktech about the flatspot but im hoping the remap will help this out anyway. they seem to be a common issue with the 200, is this the same with the 197 too?

il ask ktech about the flatspot but im hoping the remap will help this out anyway. they seem to be a common issue with the 200, is this the same with the 197 too?

Yes it is a very common issue, compared to standard before mapping you can definitely tell the difference in smooth power delivery after mapping. TDF sorted me out nicely.

Yeah ktr pro sounds naighty mate. Have a look in more goodies thread i think i have a vid of mine in there.

Personally I would wait until you've taken the car past 15-20k before getting the map.

I've done many miles in a 197 and a 200 and everyone who has done similar miles says they loosen up loads. The figures on the dyno's are proof, they do not make their claimed power until after that second service.

Getting it mapped once it's properly run in should mean you'll get the best possible performance without ever having to get it mapped again.

ive changed my mind on the exhaust im getting, its now a akropovic if thats how you spell it and its the evolution system. im very exited about this, i know its expensive but it looks the dogs dangles, going to k tech to get it fitted in april onlong with there stage 1 remap package. the windows will be down even if its raining!!

ive changed my mind on the exhaust im getting, its now a akropovic if thats how you spell it and its the evolution system. im very exited about this, i know its expensive but it looks the dogs dangles, going to k tech to get it fitted in april onlong with there stage 1 remap package. the windows will be down even if its raining!!

Nice system. Have you not thought about running your car in properly before having it remapped?

Jealous!

Nice system. Have you not thought about running your car in properly before having it remapped?

i was thinking about doing that. as im going to have the exhaust fitted thought it would be good to get the remap to sort of any flatspots and cold starting. mines terrible i work nights and at 6am in the winter the poor clio dosent like it.i rekon itl be on just over 7k miles by the time it hits april

it shouldnt matter whether you map it now or later, what little gains you gain now will be the same gains when the engine loosen up.