My Car Thread

Decided i should start my own dedicated thread for updates and pictures now i finally have the car :thumbup:

Starting to look a little grubby after almost owning it a week. Will be sorting out some washing tackle soon and giving it a good polish/detail once we have a nice weekend.

EXP_20100305_218.jpg

Treated myself to some mats, being as i lost the plot and forgot to order them with the car, 55quid from Renault, reasonable i thought :smile:

EXP_20100305_219.jpg

Before and after...

EXP_20100305_220.jpg

The yellow stitch matches the seats really nice and the RenaultSport logo reinforces some brand whoring :lol:

EXP_20100305_221.jpg
EXP_20100305_222.jpg
EXP_20100305_223.jpg

Another little treat, Richbrook disc holder with RenaultSport engraved on the back ;/ Alot nicer than the big ugly sticky plastic thing ;/

EXP_20100305_224.jpg

Osram Diadem bulbs. Which i much prefer to Silvatechs, plus the iridescent blue helps match the Albi quite nicely

Fried egg...

EXP_20100305_225.jpg

No fried egg...

EXP_20100305_226.jpg

Mucky cluster...

EXP_20100305_227.jpg
EXP_20100305_228.jpg

And a quick shot of the nice sunsets we sometimes get, but only last about 5 minutes, and unless you are really lucky you will have random crap in the background and lamp posts eminating from the roof of your car :lol:

EXP_20100305_2291.jpg

Stay tuned for more :smile:

Looks great Rob, didnt take you long to start fiddling with it! Think you should show it off with us at Donington on sunday :wink:

Love it dude, love it!!

Just needs a ring sticker on it :wink:

Yes it does... :thumbup:

Very nice mate:thumbup:

Thank you kindly

P.S. I am jealous too lol

Good.... :smiley:

How you getting on with the 200?

Loving it pal! Its just a sublime machine, just gritting my teeth at the minute though and running it in...

Looks great Rob, didnt take you long to start fiddling with it! Think you should show it off with us at Donington on sunday :wink:

Nope... couldnt really hold back! Just noticed the Donny thing, i should be good to go!

Jaxx that is one good looking 200 mate,

hopefully might see you at Donnington mate.

As above, i certainly hope so :smile:

Looking like a stunning motor Jaxx, I hope you are enjoying it! If you dont make it to Donnington with us its supposed to be lovely weather so perfect opportunity to give it a spruce up! I may have to go get some of those mats... Lush!

Looking like a stunning motor Jaxx, I hope you are enjoying it! If you dont make it to Donnington with us its supposed to be lovely weather so perfect opportunity to give it a spruce up! I may have to go get some of those mats... Lush!

Hoping to come along :smile:

Weather here today is a bit grim but tomorrow is looking nicer...

Looks awesome mate!

Where did you get that tax disc holder from please?

Thanks mate. Got it from eBay, they do a few different types (and custom if you pay a bit more i think)

Heres the seller...

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/engra...16QQ_sidZ904175045QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

Been a busy bod again today!

Now ive had chance to look at it properly in day light, the paint is sadly a bit swirly :rolleyes:

But until ive aquired the tools and a timescale to sort it, i decided to have a go with the Daimondbrite stuff i got with the car.

So heres a sort of mini review...

Aftercare kits comes with a wad of bottles, shampoo, treatment stuff, wheel cleaner etc...

EXP_20100306_230.jpg

Started by jetting the car down then washing off with the shampoo... this kind of reminded me as of the Autoglym stuff that doesnt make piles of bubbles and lather, seemed to do the trick though as the car wasnt that heavily soiled.

Assuming it had the treatment at the dealership for the Diamondbrite i rinsed off and tried their "drying chamois" thing... it was rubbish, so i went back to my trusty waffle towels

EXP_20100306_2311.jpg

Then i had a go with the "Conserver" which you water down in a bucket and then just wash it about on the paint work.

It looked like peach emulsion.... and smelt like it... it also said to use 2 cap fulls to a "bucket" of water... as far as im concerned a bucket is a vessel and not a unit of measure, so how much of a ratio that is supposed to be, i dont know!

EXP_20100306_232.jpg

I half filled my bucket and mixed some up, and then washed it about as instructed, which was dead easy to be honest, and the half bucket did just fine.

It sort of "clings" to the surface in an odd way so it must be doing something? Anyway, hosed it down and dried it all off...

EXP_20100306_2331.jpg

The final result was... well it was clean enough... but no show stopper by anyones standards. If your not into detailing and want the wash to take less than an hour then you will probably quite like it.

Obviously its supposed to be "mega awesome" at protection and the next wash will be a complete breeze! Well see about that...

Onto more intense stuff...

Found you can lift the wipers with the bonnet open... that was comedy! :w00t:

EXP_20100306_234.jpg

Wazzed a bit of 303 round the engine bay to help keep things spic and span

EXP_20100306_235.jpg

Also worked round the door shuts... watch out for these bumpstops for the door! I fetched one out quite easily just running past with a towel!

EXP_20100306_236.jpg

Treated the interior hard surfaces with the delicious smelling NLD from Poorboys

EXP_20100306_237.jpg

Then got jacked up and the wheels off!

EXP_20100306_238.jpg

5 days old and already cacked up!

EXP_20100306_242.jpg

So gave em a quick scrub and cracked out the Poorboys again...

EXP_20100306_239.jpg

Lathered and buffed with 3 coats

EXP_20100306_243.jpg

Nice :001_tt1:

EXP_20100306_240.jpg

Also rubbed some into the calipers to try and help protect their finish

EXP_20100306_241.jpg

Finally blacked up the tyres with some Bold and Bright...

And now for some pic whoring...

A nice rump... was going to debadge the "Clio" but couldnt be arsed... ill do it later :w00t:

EXP_20100306_2441.jpg

One from the front...

EXP_20100306_2461.jpg

... and a moody one

EXP_20100306_2451.jpg

Thanks for looking :smile:

:001_tt1::thumbup1: looking good. Did mine today AGAIN. 2 times this week. Only problem is that its going to get wet with frost tonight :@!

You need a ring sticker on the back of that, and you can only get one if you have been round it......CAN'T YOU?!?!?!

Also, I think you need to put up a "Cleaning Whores At Work" sign incase people don't notice you.

Those two things aside, reasonable effort I suppose :wink::wink:

Looks stunning dude!