Worst car ever thread

iAndy

Platinum Member
Ok... Just brought my sisters car to mine, due a service and MOT. So on the very boring and horrid drive the thought came to worst car ever. So to me this has to be it. Kia Rio it's a 1.4 and on a 58 plate. Drives horrid and only car I know that failed its first MOT! Yes the car is high mileage.... It's done 11k in 5 years so my 6 month old clio will have done more mileage in first year than this has in 5...... Better MOT the Clio and see if it fails lol

for me its got to be the smartcar just because it takes the automatic gearbox approximatley 5 days to change gear

ok.... the Kia is at dealers and I have a worse car..... 12 Plate Kia Rio 1.1 diesel!

Chevrolet Spark (?) was a hire car - worst plasticy rattling piece of **** I've ever had the misfortune to drive. SAAB 93 was as a big disappointment too.

I was given a Peugot 107 as a courtesy car once... The gent that dropped it off apologised. I'm 6ft5 and had to look out the back window when turning right. I looked hillarious in it.

Are we talking specifically the worst car we've driven or worst car we know of/seen.

The worst thing I have driven is my mates VW van, 1968 I think it is and an absolute pile of crap. I couldn't get the bloody thing in second, it just kept wanting to go in reverse. The steering was extremely heavy and I could see the road through the floor. Just about everything on it is shocking.

Worst car ever has got to be the Ssanggyoung Rodius? Hideous pile of Korean rubbish.

Or worse car relative to its expectations? You expect a Kia to be poor but a 2008 merc c class coupe with an auto box is just dreadful...

range rover sport!

it drive ****, feel like going to roll and oh they alway break down.

I don't own one thanks god, it only at my work garage :wink:

Last edited:
Chrysler little piece of *******, unsafe at 30 and was a courtesy car when box was being changed on my 197. Complained that Renault were trying to top me!

Worst cars driven. Mainly hire cars;

Fiat stilo and croma - in fact just anything with fiat in front.
In-laws punto which would happily turn right, but didn't like left for some reason. Stopping distance from 20 mph of about 3 miles.
Vauxhall corsa 1.2 recently in Germany. Pull out on autobahn to overtake and have to embarrasingly pull back in as it ain't happening!

for me its anything tagged with the name "Punto" or "Corsa".
No matter what trim, they suck so badly its unbelievable.

The Punto saved FIAT. They're not bad cars at all, they're just basic and honest.