Another Recaro thread :)

So in a moment of the Christmas madness I thought meh buy it now lol!

So now I am awaiting two Recaro seats :smiley: very happy and supposedly they're s straight forward swap (197 recaros in to a 197) only thing is the air bags, I know you can get the resisters for 40 quid each but I also heard you can take it to Renault for less than that.

Basically my question is will I need Renault to do their thing / buy the resisters or will it just work? Any help appreciated?

Resistors are the cheapest option, renault will plug it into the clip and reconfigure airbag ecu so it doesnt see the missing airbag at a cost of a diagnostics charge which is around £80-90 thats if you can get them to do it, some dealerships are fussy.

Exactly as Ryan said

ive had my recaros in ages but only bothered with the airbag light last month. Renault at first couldn't turn the light off so they told me they have another way they can try, its £90 but they can't guarantee it will work. I just got the resistors as its £80 and will work

Perfect guys, thanks a lot. Did you have to follow the guide on here that includes pulling the prongs out of the resisters? Not too bothered about having to do it, just a bit footery lol!

I didn't do it, my cousins partner (a machanic) did it. He just used one of the wires and put it in. Think it was basically as shown in a guide on here

I didn't do it, my cousins partner (a machanic) did it. He just used one of the wires and put it in. Think it was basically as shown in a guide on here

Thanks mate :smile:

Have a read of this thread it might help,If you go down the resistor route it is well worth the £5 to become a paid member for the how to guide.

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?37405-Help-Recaro-swap-(yes-I-have-searched)

Yeah would be, any guide on how to sign up as a member lol? can't find the link?

Just remember to tell your insurance you have changed the seats and disabled the airbags, would hate you not to get paid out or more importantly killed for the sake of £80-£90. Got mine done at my dealer, no probs.

Just remember to tell your insurance you have changed the seats and disabled the airbags, would hate you not to get paid out or more importantly killed for the sake of £80-£90. Got mine done at my dealer, no probs.

Yeah will do, I've not disabled the airbags completely, the side ones will still work, the resisters just mimic the submariner airbag being present :smile: don't even know if they'll charge me a premium as I asked before and they said as long as they're genuine Renault parts they're fine.

url]

So easy to fit! 4 bolts that came out with ease and a plug! Sorted!

Sorry for the bad pic but they were fitted in the dark lol!

Looking good, just need to master getting into and out of them now. I though I'd done myself a major injury the first time I got in to mine, bolster straight into the back of my leg!

I found If you put your weight on the door sill and do a sort of roll you can get out lol! Loving them so far!

I found If you put your weight on the door sill and do a sort of roll you can get out lol! Loving them so far!

I have it mastered now, believe me its a mistake you only want to make once!

On another note your hand brake looks like it needs tightening from the angle of it in the pic.