My 197 for those that dont know.....

Went to see my good mate Icarus aka Matt on Sun where we battled with the cage!!!

What was over 1ks worth of cage was hacksawed down to get it in the rear!!! (was LHD at the front anyway so no good to me)

Its in for now!!!

DSC00235-1.jpg

DSC00233-1.jpg

DSC00237-1.jpg

It needs the cut edges grinding off and needs re spraying but a sneak peak of what it will look like for you!!

Tidied the wires and got the stuff out from under the dash.... this much more
att_1-1-1.jpg

I also had a kind offer off my mate who has skills with a grinder to fix my cage (or the bits I left on after hacking it) so we got on with that!

Cage and seats out.... looking bare!!

att_3.jpg

Grinded off to perfection :wink:

att_2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Well I got busy today with the local deviant on the car trying to make it more presentable for Trax.

I saw his professional advert (see below) and knew he was the guy for the job......

DSC00001.jpg

I left Naith with the thinners to get high and to crack on with his own mods on TDK and fixed the below problem...

Kiteflying017.jpg

Finished result....

DSC00002.jpg

Old heavy wheel gone.....

And put in the ghetto bargain wheel... New horn push and no one will know!!

Some pics of it with all the trim put back!!!

Still need to change the horn push though for a OMP one!!

picture002er.jpg

picture001kx.jpg

picture003ad.jpg

One of the best 197's about! I love the custom induction kit, would every 197 need a remap if that mod was done to it?

well done mate, hats off to u, tho i will be in touch soon, with regards to the 4 point harness, and how u bolted it to the floor