my 06 197 gutted its now for sale :(

new pics of the car coming soon with a decent camera :smile:
its with great regret the car will be sold soon :worried: i have just found out im loosing my job here so im heading back to ireland. the import duty to ireland is 3000 euro and 650 euro for road tax :worried::worried:
watch the for sale section in the next 8 weeks :worried: :worried:

thanks guys hope the warranty helps it sell.. i am gutted but its far too dear to import back to ireland. im loosing quite a bit in the 3 months i have had the car :worried: :worried: needs must though. will have no job soon

car now sold went today :bye2::bye2::bye2:to a fellow member on here. good luck with your new car jamie was a pleasure to meet you and your dad :smile:

thanks guys hope the warranty helps it sell.. i am gutted but its far too dear to import back to ireland. im loosing quite a bit in the 3 months i have had the car :worried: :worried: needs must though. will have no job soon

Sorry I missed this thread. Gutted for you.

But WTF the import tax?!?!?!?!

EU = free trade borders?!?!?!

Road Tax €650?!?!?! WTF?!?!?!

Hope the new member appears on here soon :smile:

+1.

Shame to hear that you had to sell so soon after buying, hope it's gone to a good home.

That's really terrible mate. Didn't think you'd have to pay Import Tax moving it to Ireland!?!

And your Tax is just mental, I was reading something about that the other day. Isn't the top and something ridiculous like Euro2000!?!

+1.

Shame to hear that you had to sell so soon after buying, hope it's gone to a good home.

That's really terrible mate. Didn't think you'd have to pay Import Tax moving it to Ireland!?!

And your Tax is just mental, I was reading something about that the other day. Isn't the top and something ridiculous like Euro2000!?!
its a disgrace they base in their value of the car, the clio was valued at 11000 euro. top rate vrt is 2000 euro disgrace, vat is up as well. you think its bad here :worried:.
i was going to register the car to my friends in the north, tax and insure it there. thats as easy way round it. but i need a bigger car for the work im going to be doing.
the guy who bought it was a really nice guy so was his father. im sure he will be on soon. absolute pleasure to deal with them both.
sorry i had to sell but as my mother always said "must do is a wonderful master"
i would like to thank everyone on here for the warm welcome and all the help i have received on here, your a real decent bunch :smile:

Cheers Jim. Was good to deal with such a nice bloke, and thanks for the fuel money :wink:

Really pleased with the car, the drive home was great fun and the car is a lot more mint than i thought it would be! Cant fault it.

Chuffed :smile:

Cheers Jim. Was good to deal with such a nice bloke, and thanks for the fuel money :wink:

Really pleased with the car, the drive home was great fun and the car is a lot more mint than i thought it would be! Cant fault it.

Chuffed :smile:

your welcome in Ireland we call it a luck penny. Couldn't let you go without fuel. Glad you like it it's a great wee car gutted I had to sell.
Bought a skoda octavia going for it now will be in touvh about the plate
Cheers Jim

Jimmygall I thought people had stopped with the lucky penny! Last time I bought a car I got it not this time though! whereabouts in Ireland you from? I'm sure you know but there are very little 197s/200s in Ireland (south) but you find the odd one! Take a look at FCI btw :smile:

your welcome in Ireland we call it a luck penny. Couldn't let you go without fuel. Glad you like it it's a great wee car gutted I had to sell.
Bought a skoda octavia going for it now will be in touvh about the plate
Cheers Jim

No worries :smile:

I only just realised whos car this was before. She is an oldish lady and now drives a Black Clio 200. I've not seen her for a while but i know she used to live in Warndon Villages.