Music: Whats everyone listening to at the moment?

I figured I'd dig up an old thread topic and see what everyone is listening to these days. I'm a massive music fan and spend 90% of my waking hours listening to music or the radio, and I'm always curious what others are listening to, I always think it gives an interesting insight in to people so what better thing to do on a car based forum :smiley:

Today I've been in the workshop on my own, so I've taken the chance to listen to some music others in here moan at me for :smiley:

Todays Music of choice provided by Deap Vally

[YOUTUBE]PWXsTaBoD7A[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]adsEE5e0PKg[/YOUTUBE]

Current Album on my iPhone for listening to in the car is Foal - Holy Fire, one of my all time favourite albums, not a bad song on it. And they're f*cking awesome live.

[YOUTUBE]qJ_PMvjmC6M[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]bAsGFnLl2u0[/YOUTUBE]

So, what's on your speakers right now?

I don't normally listen to this sort of stuff, but recently I've been listening to The Weeknd and Frank Ocean's albums. This has been interspersed with Kendrick Lamar's good kid m.A.A.d city. I've also been listening to Burial's album Untrue. This is an amazing album to listen to at night driving by yourself, especially Archangel which still gives me goosebumps.

I also use a program called 'Radio Downloader' to download all of the best Radio 1 shows then put them on my iPod. Mostly Annie Mac, Diplo and Friends and also Annie Mac.

I'll have to give that radio downloaded a go, I love Annie Mac and Zane Lowe in R1, but its a pain in the arse trying to listen to them on the I player when I don't have wifi (like in the gym).

I've heard good stuff about Kendrick Lamars album so might stick it on spotify and have a listen, wasn't overly impressed with Frank Oceans album though, I think I listened to too much hype before I heard it and thought it was a bit hit and miss.

I have a varied musical taste from my favourite band/artist of all time being AC/DC. Saying that my current favourite genres is metal and bass music.

Current favourite Album: Bring me the Horizon - Sempiternal
Current favourite Single: Shakka - Sooner or Later

During the working week ill always listen to Mistajam, Skream & Benga and Daniel P Carter :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Au2dPEi72c&list=FL1Wh1GT3BaG_R8eugZg8A3g&index=4 - Gorrilaz, plastic beach.

http://youtu.be/JRM3QYVrVJg - Binary Star. Hugely underrated hip-hop

Notorious XX - 'wait what' is one hell of a good mashup!

James Blake never fails to dissapoint, particularly his new song 'retrograde'.

And for something a bit more querky, and for having one of the most epic videos ever...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pKvzMUYI_U&list=FL1Wh1GT3BaG_R8eugZg8A3g

And handsome boy modelling school is the absolute SHIZ!

As is Regina Spektor for something a bit less black... and a bit more Russian :smile: Acquired taste perhaps but ahhh her voiceeeeeee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fczPlmz-Vug

Last edited:
Always been into dance/trance

Paul van dyk
Armin
Above and beyond ect...

Constantly listening to Above's tri state album atm, is old but such a great set of music.

Also, people can listen to what they want but I will never understand the hype of these artists/bands:

Metallica
Beatles
Ed sheeran
Adele

There's loads more but they just bore the f uk out of me tbh, music to me is something to make you happy and full of energy, not sat moping.

Always been into dance/trance

Paul van dyk
Armin
Above and beyond ect...

Constantly listening to Above's tri state album atm, is old but such a great set of music.

Also, people can listen to what they want but I will never understand the hype of these artists/bands:

Metallica
Beatles
Ed sheeran
Adele

There's loads more but they just bore the f uk out of me tbh, music to me is something to make you happy and full of energy, not sat moping.

Narrow minded? :wink: Trance is the same sh't different day. Anything with a constant bassline does my head in no end. That is one genre so close to genres I love but I have absolutely no time for even if it undoubtadly influences artists that I love.

ps Metallica - nothing else matters is in incredible and ed sheeran can sing and has so many bars..

Metallica
Beatles
Ed sheeran
Adele

Blasphemy!! :chair:.
Each to their own though, this is the thing I love about music, is that people can have such HUGE differences in what they like. When in reality its all the same sounds, just different opinions of it.

Mat_Brown_92 said:
James Blake never fails to dissapoint, particularly his new song 'retrograde'.

I found his last album pretty disappointing actually :smiley:. It was a bit too experimental for my liking, a couple of decent tracks though and his new song is great. You ever listen to Jamie Woon? Similar sound but a bit more vocals, also very good live :smile:

I found his last album pretty disappointing actually :smiley:. It was a bit too experimental for my liking, a couple of decent tracks though and his new song is great. You ever listen to Jamie Woon? Similar sound but a bit more vocals, also very good live :smile:

Ah i loved it! It really is the kind of music you have to be in the mood for though (as is all music in fairness). Hi new album should be amazzzzing, based on retrograde :smile:
And I've heard of him but never listened to his music, I'll give it a listen mate!

Also, _Chris.T_, I disagree about the 'moping bit'. Although I wouldn't use the word moping, perhaps to be 'reflective'. Some music you can listen to and sort of drift through thoughts, which I love. Maybe I smoke too much, I dunno...

Last edited:
Currently banging out these, mixture of old and new.

[YOUTUBE]ayWngSg04AY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]phGsjXW1KgQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]PnnNHuSVczs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]B4-OxOmsqR0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]i3Jv9fNPjgk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]zWxsn8c6GLQ[/YOUTUBE]

To name just a few. The Jakwob tune is being absolutely caned at the moment though.

Narrow minded? :wink: Trance is the same sh't different day. Anything with a constant bassline does my head in no end. That is one genre so close to genres I love but I have absolutely no time for even if it undoubtadly influences artists that I love.

ps Metallica - nothing else matters is in incredible and ed sheeran can sing and has so many bars..

Not narrow minded, I love a lot of different songs and artists from different genres, I've never been someone to rave over a full album, rather one or two that I like from it.

Take linkin park for example, I love in the end, what I've done and numb but most of the other stuff is complete garbage.

And trance is not just a constant bassline, I'm more into the vocal and chilled stuff. dubstep annoys me tbh, yeah there are good ones but a lot are just noise.

Not that keen on all this new stuff coming out, find it doesn't have much substance to it.

But....can't get enough of these two at the moment:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkk2H3Ztrfk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AztXQjgPk0[/YOUTUBE]

Favourite song in the world is:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHx7vaa9Fwo[/YOUTUBE]

I'm a fan of all things EDM, I used to DJ in trance and house (more trance), badly need to get back into it.

But I still love albums, I'm a massive fan of anything vocally. I love the Emile Sande album, that gets a proper grilling in the car, Alex Clare's album was my fave of last year. I like Adele etc as well.

Into a bit of everything me, except rock and d&b. Personally I like nothing better than sitting out on a balcony in the sun with a cider and some funky house blaring out in the summer :smiley:

JAKWOB - Fade

Love this track! Hoping he'll carry on doing well, I remember hearing some of his remixes of people like Elliie Goulding a couple of years back and really liking him.

While were on the subject of dance, IMO Disclosure and Duke Dumont can do no wrong for me at the moment.

[YOUTUBE]qLcxJP1mRWM[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]FnJIb4A-DuY[/YOUTUBE]

Ah i loved it! It really is the kind of music you have to be in the mood for though (as is all music in fairness). Hi new album should be amazzzzing, based on retrograde :smile:
Maybe I smoke too much, I dunno...

Yeah, if its an album full of stuff like retrograde it'll be gorgeous album, that tracks delicious :smiley:! Just looked it up and it must have been released as its on Spotify now called 'Overgrown' so might stick it on and see...

And yes, if that's your music you probably do smoke too much, or maybe I just don't smoke enough to properly enjoy his first album :smiley:

Similar Thread Suggestions