197: Mpg

ChrisR27

Gold Member
Driving a Clio 197 R27

Just thought i would ask what petrol people normally use and what MPG they get out of it?

I'm currently using the super unleaded out of Sainsburys works out about £70 a tank and get about 350 miles out of it.

Whats everyone else get?

I'm always north of 30mpg (Sainsburys super or BP Ultimate with Millers Eco Max)

But I did get the car showing this last week :wink:

10428626_751475384943818_3778476068021377243_n.jpg

Last edited:
Not a clue mate lmao.

When the car beeps at me I put more in.

vPower is about 129 where I am now.

Last edited:
Im trying to think lol, tbh I know its bad, but I don't really look.

I know I only put vPower in, when my tank is empty I fill it, always pay on the same card, I look at the time, so I know if its wrong, but its not something that stays in my head. Plus deli plus in shell do some nice muffins so I usually get one of them at the same time haha.

vPower is 128-130 atm. Ive paid over 140 for it.

I use Sainsburys Super (currently £1.21 at the moment in Leeds :w00t: ) or V Power. A tank fill costs ~£60-65, price dependent. MPG is terrible at the moment, due to a short commute, but on average I get 30MPG.

I'm getting out of the habit of checking the economy though: kinda defeats the object of owning a Clio RS!

I use Sainsburys Super (currently £1.21 at the moment in Leeds :w00t: ) or V Power. A tank fill costs ~£60-65, price dependent. MPG is terrible at the moment, due to a short commute, but on average I get 30MPG.

I'm getting out of the habit of checking the economy though: kinda defeats the object of owning a Clio RS!

EXACTLY.

I keep mine on average speed, I only ever see mpg when I scroll through to check mileage of car or service thing, I didn't buy a 2L petrol hot hatch to worry about mpg lmao.

My mpg is bad! Had the car around 6 week and it seems way worse than my ph1 172!
Just got about 250 miles to a tank, 220 of that motorway, with a lot of 50mph road works:worried:

My mpg is bad! Had the car around 6 week and it seems way worse than my ph1 172!
Just got about 250 miles to a tank, 220 of that motorway, with a lot of 50mph road works:worried:

They are notorious for being much worse on economy compared to the 1*2! That does seem fairly low miles from a full tank though, specially if the majority is steady 50mph motorway cruising...

EXACTLY.

I keep mine on average speed, I only ever see mpg when I scroll through to check mileage of car or service thing, I didn't buy a 2L petrol hot hatch to worry about mpg lmao.
100 % agree. Next it will be how expensive the road tax is !

I havent managed to drop below 33 yet. I did a long run out last weekend and I averaged over 38.

This megane conversion will pay for itself over no time at all :lol:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tomc197 Clio General Chat 5
Jools Clio 197 Area 21
L Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 22
E1bert Clio General Chat 17
Gus Clio General Chat 17