MPG

hi...I’m getting about 250 miles out of a full tank 50-55 litres in my 06 197 it’s done 125k does this sound normal, I know they like a drink but.....

hi...I’m getting about 250 miles out of a full tank 50-55 litres in my 06 197 it’s done 125k does this sound normal, I know they like a drink but.....
Depends on driving style and type of driving, it maybe sounds about right

Reactions: Pav
Id say you should be getting more than 250.
I average 330+ which is traffic, motorways, town driving.
I have had 460 out of the tank when I was hypermiling lol.

Id be looking at the lamda sensor then the injectors and spark plugs. Have you got torque and an obd adapter to read lamda values, preferably as a chart

250 miles from 50 litres is about 22mpg. I averaged low to mid 20’s so you’re not miles off what it should be

Had timing belts done by Audi tech where I got it.i was told by Gary cooper(the Clio man) in littlehampton near me that if the timings out that could affect mpg and power etc..it certainly doesn’t feel like it’s low on power but it’s the only one I’ve driven,are you talking about fone app ‘torque’ if so I haven’t got it where is it and what do I need to go with it please

It’s got at least a cat back ktec system on it not sure about manifold, with filter.it may of been mapped not sure tho

She’s had plugs oil filters etc as part of major service with belts with front dampers sump gasket and a couple of other bits thrown in to boot...£1300 later with wheel refurb and paint too

Id say you should be getting more than 250.
I average 330+ which is traffic, motorways, town driving.
I have had 460 out of the tank when I was hypermiling lol.
Is that on a 200 tho? As the gearbox is different especially a longer 6th which helps on cruising on motorway. Not saying massive difference but it’ll be a factor

Short back and fourth trips generally gets me about 25-27mpg (~300 miles a tank) depending how heavy my right foot gets.

Motorway driving should yield anywhere from 400-450 a tank depending how much past 70 you're pushing

Saturday had boot and bumper sprayed in Bromley (110 mile round trip half motorway half B roads) did almost £20 of super but was ragging it on way back not sure how many litres that was

In cold weather I havent had any less 340 miles from a full tank. Warmer weather and motorway use I can get up to 400.

Checked the thermostat? Where does the temp needle sit on the dash? Does it use a lot of oil?

Mate my first 197 and only had since dec. and been sorting out many issues.thermostat stays about 1/4 way round whilst moving and to half when stationary.just had big service done so don’t know about oil

Reactions: Beany
Temp needle should be up by the 3rd line, almost vertical. If its on 1/4 most of the time the thermostat is shagged and itll be on constant cold start. Get that and coolant changed and it should improve.

With the car idling the MPG display can drop the average a lot so go by a full tank ( 50 - 55 litres) should do 320 - 330 miles real life my car normally but if your going onto a motorway keep to the speed limit or a lot of 50mph limits the mileage can go up quite a bit. That average is about 30 MPG no matter what the car average displays. When I got my car it had a K&N induction kit and the second CAT had been removed besides the shock of the price of the K&N kit ( which is laying in a bag in the garage) I bought a new air box with a K&N panel filter and replaced the CAT again with a little used mid section I picked up as the CAT removal section had the pipe welded in and there was a step in diameter the drone at 70MPH was very bad but what's playing on my mind now is was the car mapped for all that. I feel the car is too rich and gives better MPG the hotter the weather for some reason so I would like to make sure a factory map is installed and fuel trims zeroed for a while from there I would like to see how mapping would improve it but in Northern Ireland I feel mapping is limited and taking the car to the Mainland for mapping a bit much. So I'm down to RS tuning remote mapping or blue fin. I'm not interested in horsepower figures more driveability and feel and if better fuel economy then great.

Reactions: Pav
No harder than changing spark plugs but harder to get at here is a video from a useful French chap you decide. Remember you will need some type D coolant better with the Renault stuff as mixing different colours makes your coolant look dirty and anyone looking at the car might get suspicious if buying.

Reactions: CJ197

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tomc197 Clio General Chat 5
L Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 22
E1bert Clio General Chat 17
Gus Clio General Chat 17
6705russell Clio 197 Area 48