MOT failure - Headlights

Car managed to fail MOT this week, thanks to the height of O/S dipped beam being 5mm too low.

Garage wanted 4 hours labour to investigate so decided to try and solve myself, as money's tight at the moment. Attempted the manual adjustment with hex key earlier with no success. The electric adjustment from inside cab seems to adjust both lights.

Bumper off job tomorrow if weather holds off.

Has anyone had any experience with this previously? Swopped over to night-breakers so could have knocked the lens etc?

Anyway here's some poor quality pics.

Thanks in advance,

c171b75ac046981e44f99adfae78f984.jpg
cdd470973ecee039c5130af01763c5f8.jpg

I've always trusted Renotec with my cars. Perfect service every time. However they send the cars to Audi across the road for MOT testing.

Manual didn't seem to adjust at all, the N/S moves perfectly. Just frustrating that it moves with electronic adjustment [emoji35]

Just had bumper and light off, looks like the lens is loose and tilts forward.

Looks like a new headlight for me now. So frustrated!!

ee3e9ce3a804ba1939a165bde72866ff.jpg

Can anyone let me know what these would be called? Snapped two off the arch liners and would prefer them to be replaced.

Thanks

Just had bumper and light off, looks like the lens is loose and tilts forward.

Looks like a new headlight for me now. So frustrated!!

Has the ball popped out of the socket on the higher one?

The motor has a ball on the end and clips into a socket, the motor twists out of the headlight and then if it pulls free it's out of its place

Has the ball popped out of the socket on the higher one?

The motor has a ball on the end and clips into a socket, the motor twists out of the headlight and then if it pulls free it's out of its place

Struggling to think now, would it be obvious?

iirc the motor adjuster was still attached as I checked that - however I checked everywhere on the lens for a possible attachment but come away frustrated.

Best way to describe it would be the whole reflector casing tilts forward with bulbs and all.

sounds like its come apart then, should only move when the motor moves

Loads of play on lens, so feared the worst. Doubt I can get an upgraded pair in time for MOT, so going to take a hit from the stealers.

Shame really as wanted new discs and few other bits.

Thanks for your help buddy

Would it be possible to nip/knock the wiper pipes when putting bumper back on?

Seem to have lost all power (squirts a little) to them since light was rectified.

At my parents house and no tools to take her apart! Cheers

Check your bulb is in properly when I bought my car it had this problem and when the headlight bulb went I noticed the heat from bulb had melted the unit and welding the bulb to the casing. A new bulb then will no longer stay in the correct place.

Chris have you sorted the problem out mate? I don't think the motor has been disconnected from the lens, the beam would have been completely dipped in that case (let alone that the electric adjuster works anyway)? I know it because I forgot to connect it when fitting new headlights, gutted when I realised that I had to drop the bumper again lolDon't worry about the play in the lens, they are meant to move frontwards and backwards anyway, this is how they are getting adjusted (unless of course the play is excessive?).In regards to the windscreen jets, are you sure you haven't knocked the cable of the motor off when fiddling with the cables in general? Difficult to happen but who knows..I believe you can have access by removing the driver side wheel arch, no need to drop the bumper.

Yiannis buddy, managed to sort headlight out now thankfully. Passed on the retest so no real trouble, however I must admit I'm still not happy with the headlights.

Bumper off again tomorrow for washers I think, it's pushing water out but no real pressure to get to windscreen.

The joys of Renault I suppose! Haha