LY Racer Turbo 310bhp....but more to come soon

Right so the final update (for now :wink: )

My full setup i as follows:

Kw v'3s
OZ Ultraleggras
Toyo 888's
ITG panel filter
Matched inlets by Jamsport
Shrick cams
Full evolution Akrapovic exhaust, with custom made clamp on tips fro 197 (Made by Jamsport)
Custom remap by Jamsport
Front splitter
Cup spoiler

Full Geo setup next weekend and front camber bolts for 1 degree of camber.

Its finished result was 221 bhp (getting some JS stickers made up for it :wink: ) and 170ft!!

Feels rapid, strong all the way past 3k and very wild past 5.5k, every gear is so strong and pulls so fierce! The acceleration is amazing!!!

On the dyno graph there are 3 results, one with standard with a powerflow back box, one with the Akrapovic and then the final result.

You'll notice a dip at about 2.5k, looks bad but it feels fine, feels like a mild flat spot some exhausts give, doesn't bother me at all. Im never in that range any way, normal driving is fine, feels like standard but with a lumpy idle.

When the Akrapovic was put on it didnt make anymore peak power without a map BUT 4k onwards felt so much better in the midrange as the graph shows, smoothed it right out and made the whole feel of the car much better, revved a lot more freely over standard. Well worth the money, even for the sound, vids soon dont worry lol!!

Overall im very happy, Jamsport have done a superb job on it and it really does go like Fu*k!!!!
IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

mike24-02-2011003copy.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

Sorry bout the sideways graph lol Dont no how to flip it.

well done on putting some money into it. if you don't mind, how much has the work cost to get you a genuine 220 brake? not wheels, suspension etc, just the engine and related work? if you don't want to say, it's no problem :smile:

thanks, stu.

Youll be looking for the exact same setup as me towards the 3.5k mark, thats what i budgeted for(based on list price's etc), however calling up Jamsport and getting a quote is best and sort something out, there not a rip off, with all the labour and 3 days of mapping i dont feel at all like i over spent. The final outcome was more than worth it!! Tuning these cars is just expensive, for genuine gains it cost kkkk's but i think its worth it! Im sure woody will agree with me that they really do feel much better after it!!

Your basically bang on lol!! Seems a lot but when your screaming/charging past cars its all worth the money!! :smile:

simon (monza, italy) is selling his schrick cams atm, 600 + postage... i've justpaid an extra £500 on my deposit for the car too. i'll be loaded after tour anyway.... must be a genuine 6.5 low 6's to 60mph car now i should imagine. does it feel nice and urgent? like frantic?? lol. that's what i want....

Yes mate, past 3k is just some nice beef before the slaughter. At 5.5k it just picks up and takes off, loads of grunt and really keeps you in your seat. Feels very urgent/aggressive on cam and just surges forward.
I was after better drivability, and just more fierce up top/stronger midrange. My mods have achieved that, this is def good enough power!! Hard to explain lol!! You goin to the ring trip? I'll just show you lol Put it this way everyone thats been in it has always gone WOW at 5.5k!!

Yes mate, past 3k is just some nice beef before the slaughter. At 5.5k it just picks up and takes off, loads of grunt and really keeps you in your seat. Feels very urgent/aggressive on cam and just surges forward.
I was after better drivability, and just more fierce up top/stronger midrange. My mods have achieved that, this is def good enough power!! Hard to explain lol!! You goin to the ring trip? I'll just show you lol Put it this way everyone thats been in it has always gone WOW at 5.5k!!

yes - hoping to be going - it all depends on what PDT the Army has me on in june. if i am free, i'll be going. it is only 2 and a half hours away afterall.... lol.

I have shrick cams mate, they only do One set for the 197, the car really flys mate, from 3k it's just bam, no suffering low down at all!! And really wild up high, well worth it IMO!! Still drives the same, jusy idles lumpy as you would expect! The way it surges forward under acceleration and keeps goin in all gears really transforms the car!!

Ok thanks mate, was the timing altered or is it still standard :smile:

Its been altered as far as im aware mate, i know its all set up correctly and runs fine!! As you no from your 182 a remap is 100% an essential must with these!

Its been altered as far as im aware mate, i know its all set up correctly and runs fine!! As you no from your 182 a remap is 100% an essential must with these!
I c, think I might be having a word with Fred soon, sure he'll be able to sort me out. And yes, the cams made our 182 go well, after the remap it was mental lol

is it going to pass the mot emmissions test :wink:

Our 182 still does, when I put the Cat back on :wink:

Yes mate!! But looks like i may have to come up on the 18th on my own and miss the 1st convoy as i am back from egypt on the 17th!! Trying to persuade the ball and chain to come back on the 16th! :wink: So once ive won/lost that battle im booking the lot!! :smile: