LY Racer Turbo 310bhp....but more to come soon

Right got the car back friday but the mapping still needed to be finished. So went back today to carry it on, its now running 219 bhp!!! There is still more to come from them as well. I'll post up some pics and graphs in a day or so. Going back tomorrow for the final tweeks to the map but otherwise its running sweet!!! Past 5.5k its so quick!! The punch is brilliant and the faster you go the more it charges on and on!! Each gear just carries it on, the gears just seem to go through so quick and easy now! So fast!! Worth every penny in my eyes!!!

All in all runs very well and the power gain im very happy with!!!

This is how the clio should of been out of the box!!

Jamsport have done an amazing job!!!

Pics and more detail to follow soon!!

:smile: cant wait to see it mate. Whats ure idle like?

It is good at the moment! Idle is a little lumpy as to be expected, but it's set it standard 800 rpm so prob be upped to 1/1.2k I would of thought. Still a few tweaks to do today on the mapping then should be finished and a bit more peak power. Ill go into more detail when it's all done for everyone. I'm very happy though, can see why u like yours so much!!

Vids and pics to follow. I'll try and get a speedo one. The drivability is a lot better, and the torque is great.

Yeah mine idled at 1200 untill its warm then drops to 1000 rough idle but as ure finding well worth it :wink:

Not a clue mate, standard on there dyno it ran 198 so ever the optimist id say between 215-220. A nice genuine 15-20 bhp would be good. However just bolting the exhaust on (unmapped) didnt make a lot more peak power but boosted everything from about 2000rpm onwards, wasnt flat in the midrange and sang all the way to 7.5k! Once its mapped in sync with the other mods, then it should start to work better. So as long as it drives much better and has more grunt ill be happy, its not all about the peak power, thats not why im doing this. But obviously the more ponies i can brag with down the pub the better lol :wink: But it should be good tho to be honest.

i hope for you mate :wink:
i had try the schrick cams .. with them i loosed under the 5000 and after 5000rpm is the same that before the works..
On dyno give me similar power of your.. 218cv, but in the street i can tell you that maybe there are 5cv more of a standard!

It is good at the moment! Idle is a little lumpy as to be expected, but it's set it standard 800 rpm so prob be upped to 1/1.2k I would of thought. Still a few tweaks to do today on the mapping then should be finished and a bit more peak power. Ill go into more detail when it's all done for everyone. I'm very happy though, can see why u like yours so much!!

Vids and pics to follow. I'll try and get a speedo one. The drivability is a lot better, and the torque is great.

i tell you this: try with your friends with the standard 197 and don't believe to the dyno!!!!!!! :smile:

^^^^ you not think these are good cams sim? Mine still pulls really well from 3, def better and stronger than standard. Standard the throttle won't open 100% till about 5k but mine opens full throttle earlier. Def feels more than 5hp! I do have inlets and the akrapovic which you don't, bound to make some difference.

More than happy with the performance. The drivabilty is the main thing for me.

Last edited:
^^^^ you not think these are good cams sim? Mine still pulls really well from 3, def better and stronger than standard. Standard the throttle won't open 100% till about 5k but mine opens full throttle earlier. Def feels more than 5hp! I do have inlets and the akrapovic which you don't, bound to make some difference.

More than happy with the performance. The drivabilty is the main thing for me.

i have only tell you to try on the road (track) and after give the response :wink:

many times we "hear" the more power after 5000rpm because under that rpm we have less power :huh:

I'm a bit confused? I have tried it and driven it on the road. Not on track since obviously.

I'm a bit confused? I have tried it and driven it on the road. Not on track since obviously.

did you tried only your 197 or your 197 vs another stock 197?

you can have a good test so:your 197 vs 197 stock from 50mph (third gear) to 130mph.
or on track or on german autobhan :wink:

Loving the mods mate! I'm thinkin more and more about keeping the 200 for modding when the warranty and finance is done!
219bhp is pretty dam good for an NA engine!

It's expensive but to me it's worth it. The extra shove makes the difference!! I'm keeping mine just for fun.

Mark-cant really be arsed with the box mate, from what I've read it doesn't seem to do much. Standard with itg is good enough for me. I can't be arsed to re locate my battery lol sheer laziness on my part to be honest lol :tongueout: how did you find yours dude?

It's expensive but to me it's worth it. The extra shove makes the difference!! I'm keeping mine just for fun.

Mark-cant really be arsed with the box mate, from what I've read it doesn't seem to do much. Standard with itg is good enough for me. I can't be arsed to re locate my battery lol sheer laziness on my part to be honest lol :tongueout: how did you find yours dude?

If you were closer Id have done a swap for free just to get it back to standard for selling on.

I am glad that I done it though. The power/torque hadnt changed much without a re-map but peak did come in 500rpm sooner and hold flat till the redline. Going from Simone & Raptor its the best mod you can do for the money, after a re-map.

Also the noise at any rpm is awesome. More so 5k and higher.

Ahhhh shame :worried: how much was your whole conversion out of curiosity mate? All finished now at 221bhp and 170 ft!! Post graphs/pics tonight or tomoz!!

id be tempted to drive all the way up for it! get a mate to drive in a cheaper to run car if not! if i still had my clio id be stright up lol

Ahhhh shame :worried: how much was your whole conversion out of curiosity mate? All finished now at 221bhp and 170 ft!! Post graphs/pics tonight or tomoz!!

From memory the airbox was ~£90
Inlet hose ~£25 (three week wait on this part rite enough)
Battery ~£180 (including holder)

Budget £350 max for it if your going to do it.

Fitting was mates rates so no point telling you what I paid.

Too much air mike ull have problems with idle and will need mapping again :worried: save your money and get something like valves, seats and springs cant see the airbox giving u the power of 16 extra mm of valve :wink:

Budgets are budgets at end of day n if the money isnt there, there is no point in spending it in ure mind :wink: