ktr pro performance and stage 1 tuning package dyno results

Ktec tune for impressive gains and figures not reliability and efficiency.

Had the 182 mapped by them and last month on a rolling road day with CS at TDIs hub mounted dyno and it showed up running dangerously lean over 5000rpm. Just food for thought.

Hello Ben, when was your map done as I would like to check this? We always data log the cars when they are on the dyno as well as check AFR, knock etc.

We never chase figures, reliability comes from efficiency and we have never had an engine issue from any mappig. In fact we have several race cars around the world we have mapped as well as quite a few customers car which are based at the Ring also running our maps. These cars give the maps the biggest and hardests tests of all and I am pleased to say all are running well, and in some cases winning races.

David.

Hello Ben, when was your map done as I would like to check this? We always data log the cars when they are on the dyno as well as check AFR, knock etc.

We never chase figures, reliability comes from efficiency and we have never had an engine issue from any mappig. In fact we have several race cars around the world we have mapped as well as quite a few customers car which are based at the Ring also running our maps. These cars give the maps the biggest and hardests tests of all and I am pleased to say all are running well, and in some cases winning races.

David.

hi map was done on 8/4/11 this was the tuning package and with ktr exhaust. no #650 . car seems ok, yes please check to see if you can find anything, look at my first post and go the the flikr link to view graph

David,

Vehicle was setup with one of your 'generic' maps i believe, April 2010. At the time you said it was your more aggressive map.

When dyno'd at TDI's hub dyno they advised us it was running dangerously lean above the 5500rpm mark, and i qoute 'to the point of a misfire'.

We were advised to get it custom mapped and adjusted asap, but havent changed it yet. Car goes like stink and reulary walks away from other 182s and even most 225s, so performance isnt an issue. Runs an average of 14.8 region on the quatre mile, dyno'd at 178bhp average.

Thanks, ben.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Ben, I would be happy to put your car on our dyno and carry out a custom map for you, free of charge of course. Its been a while now since we did any generic maps, everything is custom now.

David.

Thanks for that Ben, I would be happy to put your car on our dyno and carry out a custom map for you, free of charge of course. Its been a while now since we did any generic maps, everything is custom now.

David.

That's an offer not to be missed Ben. :smile:

David.

Thats quite an offer David, i'll be happy to take you up on that. Will be in touch. Customer service there :wink:

The 200 is meant to be 197 bhp though. Are you not annoyed that even after a remap that's not what your car is making?
How many other 200's are not making the manufacture's quoted power? i wont be happy if mine isnt thats for sure!!

The 200 is meant to be 197 bhp though. Are you not annoyed that even after a remap that's not what your car is making?
How many other 200's are not making the manufacture's quoted power? i wont be happy if mine isnt thats for sure!!

RR figures are very rarely EXACT to the engine.

The ONLY way to read an engines TRUE figures is on an Engine Dyno'. And that's an engine out job, so not cheap like a ~£50 power run is.

Take RR figures with a pinch of salt. They're good for before/after comparrison runs when you've put new bits on and will show up any improvements in that sense, but you could take the same car to ten different RRs and easily get ten different readouts. Too many variables such as fuel, engine mileage, engine condition, gearbox condition, ambient temperature, dyno' manufacturer/calibration, etc., etc.. As long as your car feels good and strong then that's all that matters.

The 197 is the only car I've ever had on an RR and it made 0.5BHP less than the ''book figure''. Wether that figure is right or not I couldn't tell you, but it makes for good willy-waving!!! Next time I add some goodies, I'll do a before and an after run which will give a fairly accurate idea of improvements, but I doubt I'll ever go back to the same place where I got my 193.5BHP reading so that then will become worthless and I'll take the new reading as my willy-waving ammuntion. :smiley:

its quite common on all 172/182/197/200 no to make book power, but like willis says depends on so many variables, but engine mile is a big variable most high powered (standard) were around 25,000k mile plus, theres a good chance yours wont be anywhere near 197bhp.

I understand the principles of RR figures and variables and that, I've had 3 of my previous cars on various different dyno's for tuning and health checks etc. I just dont see how its almost 'accpetable' for a car thats supposed to be 194/197bhp to be making 170 odd bhp!
Like i know engine dyno's are the most accurate and rolling road dyno's are the least, but somewhere near the figure would be good lol!
Is this just a rare occurance or is there more people that have been getting less power than stated by the manufacturer!
Sorry if i'm being pedantic guys :smile:

I've read a few people saying the same as you about figures should be bang on and what not, so you're not alone don't worry. I just don't worry about it if the car feels good. It's only some squiggles on a bit of paper anyway when it all comes down to it. Our trucks at work are ~500BHP ~1000lb.Ft but the Clio would rape them. :smiley:

Could be worse, the Celica VLTi's are meant to be 190BHP and on the same RR that I got 193.5BHP on, my mates Celica managed... 163.0BHP. He was less than impressed to put it politely. And Pug' and Citroen often quote different power figures for the SAME engine, so I think maybe there's discrepencies in how/where manufacturers are sending the engines for testing.

For the record and following what Ryan said above about mileage, mine was on 30,500Miles when it went on the RR.

Yeah theres no doubt the engine is a fantastic bit of kit and i couldnt be happier with how it drives! Just will be damn disappointing if it isnt actually 200bhp!! :smile:
I've gone 'head to head' with a few mates in their cars and the result was what it should be
Out of interest, how would a 200 fair against an ep3 tyre r civic?? Or even a 172 clio as a mate of mine has one and were yet to see how they fair against eachother and his 172 is impressively fast!

Yeah theres no doubt the engine is a fantastic bit of kit and i couldnt be happier with how it drives! Just will be damn disappointing if it isnt actually 200bhp!! :smile:
I've gone 'head to head' with a few mates in their cars and the result was what it should be
Out of interest, how would a 200 fair against an ep3 tyre r civic?? Or even a 172 clio as a mate of mine has one and were yet to see how they fair against eachother and his 172 is impressively fast!

Stock 197 vs tuned 172 (exhaust & remap) = 197 is faster.

0-200km/h.

I'm in the 197 on the left - driving a friends car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_glpdrOl_C0

Had a lot more vids but there were some "problems" with the police so I had to erase them. :smiley:

Last edited: