ktr pro problem

ive had my exhaust fitted about 2 weeks now and its already had 3 alingments to get it spot on. finished work this morning and the rattle returns!!. whats happend is the exhaust likes to move sideways alot. ktec fitted it for me then 2 days later it began to rattle. its on the passenger side exhaust tip hitting on diffuser, only does it when it when exhaust gets hot so 5 mins and it starts. ive took it to a garage twice to allign it the the other day he put jubaliee clip in to stop it moving sideways and now noise returns. any ideas how to cure this, im 160 miles away from ktec so dont want to really drive there for it is a case of an easy fix. the rattle is downing my clio experience:nope:

Ive finally solved this problem..well Cannit did.
Get it into the position you want then double cable tie it in place, movement problem solved!
My heatshield inside my diffuser was also loose with an errant stone inside.
Binned the stone and had a couple of extra pop rivets put in place so now extra secure..and no more diffuser rattles.

im going to another garage tomorrow to try to get it fixed, if that fails im ringing k tec up. its annoying when you park up to traffic lights and this rattling occurs

Bit of a shame k tec dont make it properly in the 1st place.

this is what's stopped me paying £350 for woodys. why would i swap my exhaust to get a rattling one, and pay for the pleasure. i expect the last word in quality if i am going to pay the over the odd prices which clio aftermarket parts demand.

Actually the exhaust itself is well made. But your right ktec should have made sure it was all ticketty boo to start with...but im not going any further than saying that...at mo anyway.

this is what's stopped me paying £350 for woodys. why would i swap my exhaust to get a rattling one, and pay for the pleasure. i expect the last word in quality if i am going to pay the over the odd prices which clio aftermarket parts demand.

Definatly!! If you pay all that money to have an upgrade you dont want it to downgrade the feel of the car! No matter how nice it is it will always p1ss u off. My povic fitted like a glove, although it should do for the price lol!

Im sure the zuast itself is ok, just sounds like the fixings are crappy. Hope u get it sorted tho dude! :smile:

Mine is sorted as i got a mate to weld lugs on..... Like the standard ones.

Yea after having a go at sorting darrens out they do look like a good bit of kit just difficult to align correctly, need a few attempts and the diffuser had to come on and off a few times. Plus where ktec had fitted it they hadnt used any paste so creaked a bit with metal sleeved against metal! :smile:

finally got my exhaust sorted out. turns out that when the exhaust gets hot it had moved 1.5 inches backwards so this is why the tips were rattling on diffuser. took the car to rgs motorsport and they sorted it out by cutting the tips slightly and putting a washer each side of the echaust rubber mount. now much happier and can enjoy the drives ahead

Mine has decided to break its ties and move again 8(
At low speeds it sends a vibration down the whole left side of the car and fills cabin with same noise.
Aahhh!!
Gonna see if you idea works ben