KTR 197 with Megane R26 engine.

I remember a guy who had a r26 with hybrid turbo and remap...his produced around the same figures..maybe more torque but he was after more hp with less boost so he would not stress the clutch.
Stage 2 megs are great..i ran mine for 2 yrs but you can get clutch issues with it running so much torque.
Guess the only way to know would have either side by side comparisons or a harry hill 'fight!'
I also found in real life driving a stage 2 meg wont pull that much on a stage 1 with decat. Just for info 8)

Last edited:
I remember a guy who had a r26 with hybrid turbo and remap...his produced around the same figures..maybe more torque but he was after more hp with less boost so he would not stress the clutch.
Stage 2 megs are great..i ran mine for 2 yrs but you can get clutch issues with it running so much torque.
Guess the only way to know would have either side by side comparisons or a harry hill 'fight!'
I also found in real life driving a stage 2 meg wont pull that much on a stage 1 with decat. Just for info 8)

thats why i asked about clutch, as they are still running the standard r26 clutch, and itchy, how do u know that their car will be more than mine? abit of a claim that when u dont exactly know what happening with mine :tongueout:

Ktecs will be much more than what Jonesy paying...trust me. Hybrid and standalone ecu's....Theres an extra £1000+ alone......

Ktecs hybrid conversion is £1500 but to do that you need un uprated exhaust and intercooler as well

We have done this more as an experiment more than a basis for future drive in drive out conversions. We have many other plans for the 197/200 and for us we need kits we can ship to customers, as well as fit so we will be looking at a supercharger and ITBs very soon.

We are not out to break any records with this, if we were we would have fitted a forged engine, custom inlet, ball bearing turbo kit etc but we are saving that for another car. I should also say that this engine has had a grand total of 1.5 hours of mapping since it was installed so we are not finished with its current set up yet, so there may be a bit more to come.

David.

Things like this always happen to me, sold my suspension, wheels, brakes so I can buy another car.

Now I don't know what to do :lol:

I'd imagine this would be just as 'simple' to do and more cost effective with a 250 engine ?

David im clinging on for those ITBs you keep telling me about, Forced induction is not the clio way!

I think this would have been epic if you had found a Megane 250 lump from somewhere, imagine that!

David im clinging on for those ITBs you keep telling me about, Forced induction is not the clio way!

I think this would have been epic if you had found a Megane 250 lump from somewhere, imagine that!

when i was loking to do this from the very start, i was thinking this, but was told that the cost of putting the engine in far out weighed doing the r26 way.

thats why i asked about clutch, as they are still running the standard r26 clutch, and itchy, how do u know that their car will be more than mine? abit of a claim that when u dont exactly know what happening with mine :tongueout:

We have done this more as an experiment more than a basis for future drive in drive out conversions. We have many other plans for the 197/200 and for us we need kits we can ship to customers, as well as fit so we will be looking at a supercharger and ITBs very soon.

We are not out to break any records with this, if we were we would have fitted a forged engine, custom inlet, ball bearing turbo kit etc but we are saving that for another car. I should also say that this engine has had a grand total of 1.5 hours of mapping since it was installed so we are not finished with its current set up yet, so there may be a bit more to come.

David.

Go on David, I'm sure we won't hold it against you....how much if we provide engine and gearbox???? Also another interesting engine swap would be the 175 dci in a clio. Would be good for 350lb torque?

Jonesy, I guessing that Ktec conversion would have to be covered with some liability insurance. Just an educated guess but might be wrong.....

Last edited:
That is super cool. Hats off to that, it looks as if its come from the factory like that!
Bet that would be a scream to give some beans in it!

when i was loking to do this from the very start, i was thinking this, but was told that the cost of putting the engine in far out weighed doing the r26 way.

when in rome mate.

Surely the mounts and fitments must be the same between engines. There are a couple of 250 lumps and boxes that pop up on ebay from time to time.

On a completely random note, did anyone see the 205 with the Evo engine in it? Now thats an engine transplant!!!

Not seen that 205, but it sounds mad!!!

I have, however, seen a Proton Satria with an EVO III lump. :smiley:

Has anyone already driven the Ktec car?

I'm considering this conversion but I'm a bit afraid for the reliability. Especially when using it on the racetrack.

Has anyone already driven the Ktec car?

I'm considering this conversion but I'm a bit afraid for the reliability. Especially when using it on the racetrack.

Reliability shouldnt be an issue. All well tested parts.
The only real issue i can see is managing the heatsoak etc as the clio seems more cramped than the meg. But im no expert..

I'd love some more power but going to see how others get on over the coming months. Unfortunately conversions are rarely 'plug n' play' so only time will tell. I would hate to make what is what is quite a reliable car into a 'pig'. Fingers crossed that they are successful cause a reliable turbo or SC 197 pushing around 260bhp would be a truely special car......

i have no idea why u dont think this will be reliable???its the full megane engine etc.... gonna just as reliable as the next car??

First of all because it is a conversion and not a stock factory car.

Then there is the heat issue. How does it cope with the extreme temperatures that the turbo brings?

Internet is full with stories about people transforming their cars into horsepower monsters but after driving it on the road it brakes down. Wait what is going to happen when they drive it on a race track!

I only use my car on the track and to drive to it. The car as it is now is 100% reliable. I drive it to the track, do a trackday, and drive it home again. I have fun with it and the car didn´t let me down once in almost a year and almost 6000 kilometers.
In the passed I used to drive BMW´s on the track (E30 M3, E36 M3) and it was a complete different story. I spend more hours in the workshop then I did on track! That's the main reason why I love the Clio so much.

Sure, it handles well and with a few good upgrades it even handles realy well but for me the main reason for loving it is the reliability of it.

260-270 bhp in a Clio RS would be a dream I think.

always looked at doing a turbo or SC conversion on the clio, but i opted to keep mine N/A and am happy for it :smile:

as for a r26 lump in a 197.. going to go with ben on this! there will be little niggles and what not but at the end of the day as long as you can live with it then im sure it will be imense!

talking of the conversion....

its not that extreme is it

its using a renault turbo fr4 engine and gearbox from the megane and by its very nature will have some of the "so called pitfalls" removed from the conversion

the 197 is using megane 225 brakes and suspension as standard :thumbup1: