KTR 197 with Megane R26 engine.

Videos should be coming soon.

It is a conversion we can offer but it does depend on the availability of the donor parts.

David.

weldone guys, but them power figuers are abit poor to say the least, specially woth a hybrid turbo?
your website says "patch loom" ( WIP ) take it this is for use with a piggy back system?

i myself is doing this converion as well, but i have stuck with the standard megane ecu

weldone guys, but them power figuers are abit poor to say the least, specially woth a hybrid turbo?
your website says "patch loom" ( WIP ) take it this is for use with a piggy back system?

i myself is doing this converion as well, but i have stuck with the standard megane ecu

The power figures are actually very good especially when you look at the boost pressure we are running. The 1.2 bar is at the top of the boost spike, not what is being held through the rev range, you would need over 1.5 bar to get close to this power on the standard turbo. The standard engine would not take much more without becoming unreliable and the hybrid is designed to give reliable power without overstressing the other engine components.

No piggy back ecus going on here, just a direct replacement for the original ecu. This is part of our development for bigger and better things to come soon.

David.

Last edited:
The power figures are actually very good especially when you look at the boost pressure we are running. The 1.2 bar is at the top of the boost spike, not what is being held through the rev range, you would need over 1.5 bar to get close to this power on the standard turbo. The standard engine would not take much more without becoming unreliable and the hybrid is designed to give reliable power without overstressing the other engine components.

No piggy back ecus going on here, just a direct replacement for the original ecu. This is part of our development for bigger and better things to come soon.

David.

r26's with a bigger intercooler and a stage 2 map are running between 270 - 290bhp and between 280 - 310ft/lbs, and thats nt over stressing any parts?

just trying to gauge some info

All i can say is that i want a slice of this R26 powered pie!

Excellent that this is now being developed!

r26's with a bigger intercooler and a stage 2 map are running between 270 - 290bhp and between 280 - 310ft/lbs, and thats nt over stressing any parts?

just trying to gauge some info

Sam from TDF's meg is running 340ft!! Why is the torque so low on ktecs?

this is ecaxtly what i mean, and thats with a standard turbo, sounds abit strange

Yeah i dont get it either lol!! Why is it so different? 60ft is a massive drop??!! Thats stage 1 torque!! with stage 2 power?!

Yes at 1.5 to 1.6 bar of boost on the standard turbo, that is more than we are happy to turn them up to, hence the use of the hybrid. The hybrid is also fast becoming the preferred choice for our customers using their cars on track a lot. Less boost means lower inlet temps which means less stress and better reliability, at least this is what we have found from the track testing we have done.

Just giving you in insight as to why we have chosen this route, its personl choice at the end of the day and I am sure your car will also go very well once the conversion is done.

David.

Last edited:

Yes at 1.5 to 1.6 bar of boost on the standard turbo, that is more than we are happy to turn them up to, hence the use of the hybrid. The hybrid is also fast becoming the preferred choice for our customers using their cars on track a lot. Less boost means lower inlet temps which means less stress and better reliability, at least this is what we have found from the track testing we have done.

Just giving you in insight as to why we have chosen this route, its personl choice at the end of the cay and I am sure your car will also go very well once the conversion is done.

David.

sure is down to personal choice, but just wondered byt its was down almost 60ft/lbs.
I know of r26's running more torque and power on a stage 2 map and using their car as their daily runner and track slag, its on 60k at the mo with no trouble, so just abit surpised.
also surprised you staied with the standard megane clutch?

The standard turbo gives a big kick of torque when the boost is wound up. This is because it is a small turbo which spins up very quickly to give you the "kick". The hybrid is a bit more relaxed but holds onto the torque much better across the rev range. It is not the peak figure you should look at but the area under the graph.

David.

Hmmm.....glad to see finally a couple of tuners offering this conversion soon. Side issue, thought the throttle bodies were the same on 1*2 and 197?

I saw this 197 at FCS yesterday and i was very impressed, its a very clean and tidy install with custom tanks and hose kits everywhere, looks OEM.

I think ktec have done a very nice job here, and if it wasnt for me investing so much into my 197 gearbox i would have my car booked in for conversion already.

I said at the time 'Jonesy will be pissed' lol...

I saw this 197 at FCS yesterday and i was very impressed, its a very clean and tidy install with custom tanks and hose kits everywhere, looks OEM.

I think ktec have done a very nice job here, and if it wasnt for me investing so much into my 197 gearbox i would have my car booked in for conversion already.

I said at the time 'Jonesy will be pissed' lol...

far from pissed mate, dunno what makes u think i am?
i knew k tec were doing this but didnt know how advanced it was, again fair play to them, but companies that bring out stuff for the 197 the better
I just can understand then power figuers thats all

Ktecs will be much more than what Jonesy paying...trust me. Hybrid and standalone ecu's....Theres an extra £1000+ alone.....

More interesting duel.....Ktec R26 V's Jamsport SC. This must be a future feature for a tuning mag...

Last edited: