Nimbus 197 | KTR Sprint & OZ Ultraleggera added!

I've already opened a thread under the newbie section, thought it would be more appropriate to continue here :smile:

So, small recap:

Bought it with 57k miles on the clock

foto5aj.jpg

861336_575513185806138_1165229898_o.jpg

Previous owner painted the interior in white :thumbdown: resprayed it Nimbus

schermafbeelding2012103.png

8237366059_7dc7f85f87_c.jpg

Small steering wheel mod

389529_4621183921480_620277474_n.jpg

Upcoming mods:

- KTR Sprint spoiler (in the paint shop currently)
- OZ Ultraleggera 17" with Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric (should be fitted next week)
- black mirrors
- different brake pads (don't know when I will fit these)
- going back to money saving modus...

And yes, Simon's car was a great inspiration to me... ;/

Last edited:
Car looks well (apart from the steering wheel being on the wrong side lol).

It'll be interesting to see how it goes with the mods you have planned for it. If it was me I'd keep the standard mirrors instead of going black, but I guess thats a call only you can make.

John

OZ's completely change the car! WOW!

Although I thought you brought a KTR Sprint Spoiler? What is that one on yours now?

Yes, i have ordered the KTR sprint spoiler, but it's still in the paint shop. It's taking ages... :worried:

Had a serious drive this afternoon, huge rattle now :worried: Maybe something of the exhaust came loose?? Tomorrow first thing, going to the dealer... pff

Crappy vid:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Ud4pfTloE[/YOUTUBE]

Time for an update!

- Exhaust manifold has been repaired under warranty :thumbsup:
- Fitted CL5+ brake pads at the back, fronts are still ok at the moment.. so I'll change those later on
- and from today, FINALLY the sprint spoiler has been fitted.

Have to say, I adore the looks of it :001_wub:

spoiler1.png

spoiler3.png

spoiler4.png

spoiler5j.png

Looks AMAZING. Sprint spoiler and OZ's are to die for, wish I could afford them!

This needs to be lowered though.

Haha agreed, but I'm going back into budget modus for a while I'm afraid. Never ending story on these cars... :d

I'm just waiting for K-TEC to release their induction kit for LHD cars :thumbsup:

Time for an update...

Exhaust manifold was welded, but cracked again after three months. So it was time for a new one this time. Also new front shocks, new engine mounts and lower ball joints. Expensive times, but the car is now driving better than ever before. My mate was on holiday while my car was in the shop, so I had the chance to drive around in his 200 cup with Akrapovic. Have to say, the 200 is a great car but a bit too extreme for me as a daily driver. As a toy a great package though, especially with the Akrapovic fitted.

Didn't take much care of my 197 in the last few weeks because of all the costs coming up, but today I gave it back some love with a good cleaning. And I still adore it.
Cars, endless story... :smile:

10jb.jpg

And my garage for about 2 weeks. Choices choices...

z74y.jpg

xxkb.jpg

When this gets lowered it will be one of my favourite on the forum! I need a sprint spoiler so much in my life.

What a choice man! That cup looks lovely, love the strip over it.

Yours looks pretty mean next to it though. Do like a good Nimbus and yours does not disappoint!

Small update, currently back on the standard wheels with winter tyres and KTR spacers. Changed a few engine mounts as well, massive improvement for driving and handling! Also added a striping, officially to make promo for my company, but I have to admit that I just like stripings too :wink: But it does scream for my black OZ's now...

Next up: upgrading the brakes & maybe some exhaust stuff as well

Did a dyno run too, I think I can be pretty happy with this for a stock 197

yxmv.gif

55it.jpg

5ols.jpg