K-Tec or RS Tuning

From 180 to 183 with exhaust panel filter and map. Obviously my engine isn't as sweet as yours! You've got a great one there!

3bhp change at top end, what gains did in mid range?

I wudnt be over moon with 3bhp peak 2bh

End day pay ya money take your choice. Its a simplle as that. Just shame renault tunning secene isn't abit bigger so got more options

i meant i'd like to hear RS Tunings responce on your mediocre map,not here to argue either

if your car has little improvements on its first run then you might have a good one out of the box

look at smoggy marks graph,195bhp virtually standard then 200bhp after a map,smallish peak power gains but what a difference the map made to driveability,very strong car

What can rs say? Paul must have been happy with my cars results or he wouldn't have let me drive away right?

Haha I'm game :wink:

Just cause your mr forced induction but gets spotted in a dented 182 hehe :tongueout:

Wrong Mike :wink:. Judging by your comments, I imagine youre thinking of a certain Lord Robinson of Milton Keynes. :wiz:

I'm loving this thread already by the way. Off to bed in a bit, already looking forward to some more gems of biased opinion in the morning though :smiley:.

If I were the OP I wouldn't worry about going to either of them, popular opinion on here seems to be that they're both very capable tuners :smile:. If it were me, and I had the pennies, I'd probably be buying my parts from Ktec and having them fitted at RS Tuning, best of both worlds and Leeds is only up the road, and I wouldn't lose a moment sleep over either decision :smile:.

I reckon the three of you need a man date on a neutral dyno...

never a truer word spoken mike....mine runs 14bhp more on a local mappers rollers than it does at RS Tuning,mental!!!....shame there's no standard for rolling roads,there so easy to fiddle

3bhp change at top end, what gains did in mid range?

I wudnt be over moon with 3bhp peak 2bh

End day pay ya money take your choice. Its a simplle as that. Just shame renault tunning secene isn't abit bigger so got more options

Not much more gains mid range. Biggest gain was @ 5.5k but still nothing to boast about!

Haha I'm game :wink:

Just cause your mr forced induction but gets spotted in a dented 182 hehe :tongueout:

Until we see a large volume of these mildly modified cars ran on the same dyno the debate will rage on, you only need to look at the comparison of ktecs dyno graphs now versus 18 months ago when they were using their old dyno, either the dyno responds better to the mapping or their mapping has vastly improved

Until we see a large volume of these mildly modified cars ran on the same dyno the debate will rage on, you only need to look at the comparison of ktecs dyno graphs now versus 18 months ago when they were using their old dyno, either the dyno responds better to the mapping or their mapping has vastly improved

It's not really the hp end result that I was botherd about. I know that dynos are all over the place, it's the gains that I was more bothered about which surely any dyno would show accurately wether it was out of calibration or not?

Oh give me strength....Bloody forum turrets. Not sure why people get into these debates cause they are absolutely pointless.

I'm not sure why people don't apply a level of common sense. Our cars are NA. To get power out of NA cost a lot £ from the outset. Improved Driveability is something completely different and often mistaken in the hunt for BHP.

If a tuner thinks that they can wave fairy dust and produce big figures from a map is beyond me. Most NA mods are about noise anyway - Does make you feel good though (even if you might be losing a bit of power) until you spend proper money. E.g. Cams (fitted properly I might add) is 12-15 bhp. Thats £1500 -£2000 fitted with mapping. If you've seen big figures after mapping your car, IT WAS ILL before you mapped it, if you haven't IT DIDN'T HAVE IT TO GIVE.

I personally have no interest in gains. If my cars suppose to be 197bhp then thats the bar. No point someone telling me if gained 30bhp but its still only 150 bhp????? If I've order a pint of lager, don't want them giving me a half and then topping it up by another 1/4 and saying that at least I've gained???

I suggest give both a ring, see when they can fit you in, ask a few questions like price (!) and search a view forums. I suggest use the search engine on Meganesport, CS and on here. Customer feedback will help determine the outcome....trust me, there is an easy winner....

Sorry I'm ranting and I need to go to bed LOL. Where's my hot chocolate -and I don't mean Errol Brown

Last edited:
It's not really the hp end result that I was botherd about. I know that dynos are all over the place, it's the gains that I was more bothered about which surely any dyno would show accurately wether it was out of calibration or not?

Thats another nest of worms altogether!! From my own bad experiences ive seen dynos seem to be easily manipulable by an unscrupulous operator (none of which have been brought up in this thread)

Oh give me strength....Bloody forum turrets. Not sure why people get into these debates cause they are absolutely pointless.

I'm not sure why people don't apply a level of common sense. Our cars are NA. To get power out of NA cost a lot £ from the outset. Improved Driveability is something completely different and often mistaken in the hunt for BHP.

If a tuner thinks that they can wave fairy dust and produce big figures from a map is beyond me. Most NA mods are about noise anyway - Does make you feel good though (even if you might be losing a bit of power) until you spend proper money. E.g. Cams (fitted properly I might add) is 12-15 bhp. Thats £1500 -£2000 fitted with mapping. If you've seen big figures after mapping your car, IT WAS ILL before you mapped it, if you haven't IT DIDN'T HAVE IT TO GIVE.

I personally have no interest in gains. If my cars suppose to be 197bhp then thats the bar. No point someone telling me if gained 30bhp but its still only 150 bhp????? If I've order a pint of lager, don't want them giving me a half and then topping it up by another 1/4 and saying that at least I've gained???

I suggest give both a ring, see when they can fit you in, ask a few questions like price (!) and search a view forums. I suggest use the search engine on Meganesport, CS and on here. Customer feedback will help determine the outcome....trust me, there is an easy winner....

Sorry I'm ranting and I need to go to bed LOL. Where's my hot chocolate -and I don't mean Errol Brown

couldn't agree more litchy,can i just say though,you can only apply full common sense when you fully understand the depth of the pool your jumping in to

i new very little about these cars when i bought it apart from the fact it looked angry and thats what i wanted,learnt a lot now though and some of the mods i've done i wouldn't do again,BUT i wouldn't change a thing as my little car and my experience with it has taught me a lot

couldn't agree more litchy,can i just say though,you can only apply full common sense when you fully understand the depth of the pool your jumping in to

i new very little about these cars when i bought it apart from the fact it looked angry and thats what i wanted,learnt a lot now though and some of the mods i've done i wouldn't do again,BUT i wouldn't change a thing as my little car and my experience with it has taught me a lot

Ahmen....Mr Henderson

I reckon the three of you need a man date on a neutral dyno...
Would like to see the results to!
i meant i'd like to hear RS Tunings responce on your mediocre map,not here to argue either

if your car has little improvements on its first run then you might have a good one out of the box

look at smoggy marks graph,195bhp virtually standard then 200bhp after a map,smallish peak power gains but what a difference the map made to driveability,very strong car

It did bring the engine to another level after just 5bhp gain.

Hasn't it been said now that TDF are just doing race fabrication/applications now. I was told they are not dealing with the general public now

As always, I stand to be corrected