K-Tec or RS Tuning

rubbish....why wouldn't you defo go back to rs tuning,whats the reason?

Just personally didn't think he got the most out of my car. Results looked like a flash map but who knows! Paul is really experienced, can't fault the guys that fitted my exhaust, I just would try somewhere else next. People may say its due to me not getting good gains and its an n/a so what am I moaning about. Also spoke to other mappers and they said it kinda looks like a flash map too.

Just personally didn't think he got the most out of my car. Results looked like a flash map but who knows! Paul is really experienced, can't fault the guys that fitted my exhaust, I just would try somewhere else next. People may say its due to me not getting good gains and its an n/a so what am I moaning about. Also spoke to other mappers and they said it kinda looks like a flash map too.

heard it all now,a wise man would take the car back and moan then

out of interest what did you expect?

Well for my 2pence worth, I live 168 miles away from ktec and from the service that I have had I would visit them again without a second thought

They did what I asked and it was that simple. They explained things and took time to interact with me and my family and made us feel welcome. There was no pressure sales and hard ball money grabbing.

Even when I called the week before and spike to reception, they knew who I was, when I was booked in and what work was due to be completed

Came across as very genuine and thorough.

Ktec gets my vote

Last edited:
heard it all now,a wise man would take the car back and moan then

out of interest what did you expect?

What can I say? He's just gunna laugh at me if I go back and say its low on hp! The best thing would be to go to another tuner, have a map, then back to rs tuning for the rr day to see the results! I expected late 180's -190hp. Each to there own though.

Well for my 2pence worth, I live 168 miles away from ktec and from the service that I have had I would visit them again without a second thought

They did what I asked and it was that simple. They explained things and took time to interact with me and my family and made us feel welcome. There was no pressure sales and hard ball money grabbing.

Even when I called the week before and spike to reception, they knew who I was, when I was booked in and what work was due to be completed

Came across as very genuine and thorough.

Ktec gets my vote

i'm not debating that mate,in the 3 grand ish i've spent at ktec on my car the company has been second to non and i'll be shopping there again,great service and always given me a couple of quid off as i've bought from there before,always friendly and help full......but for someone to say paul hasn't got the best out of his car then......well i give up,i'd love to hear his responce on this :nope:

People are always going to have their own opinions and allegiances. At the end of the day as long as your happy with what you've got it doesn't really matter what other people think. I'm running a completely generic superchips bluefin at the moment and on the rolling road it produced 200bhp on an otherwise standard car. I'm happy with that and couldn't give a **** if it gets slated :smile:

i'm not debating that mate,in the 3 grand ish i've spent at ktec on my car the company has been second to non and i'll be shopping there again,great service and always given me a couple of quid off as i've bought from there before,always friendly and help full......but for someone to say paul hasn't got the best out of his car then......well i give up,i'd love to hear his responce on this :nope:

What you on about? I'm not here to argue. I gave my opinion. Showed the results to quite a few people and they too agree that the results on the graph have little improvement from the first run. I haven't slated rs tuning, I said that I would try somewhere else. And why would you want to hear my response on that post?....

What increase did RST get you?

Ktec managed to squeeze mine from 195 to 207 with a custom map.

I'm gonna give spacers a miss. Just get some wider offset wheels very soon

My aim now is to enjoy it as its just how I want it

Hmm that isn't great. My went from like 194 to 200 with a panel filter and bluefin.

I know these arnt the cars to be tuning but still expected atleast 5hp! Not dissing Paul at all though! I see and know many happy customers from rstuning!.....maybe I shouldn't have it done on a Friday next time :wink:

Hmm that isn't great. My went from like 194 to 200 with a panel filter and bluefin.

From 180 to 183 with exhaust panel filter and map. Obviously my engine isn't as sweet as yours! You've got a great one there!

What increase did RST get you?

Ktec managed to squeeze mine from 195 to 207 with a custom map.

I reckon the three of you need a man date on a neutral dyno...

What you on about? I'm not here to argue. I gave my opinion. Showed the results to quite a few people and they too agree that the results on the graph have little improvement from the first run. I haven't slated rs tuning, I said that I would try somewhere else. And why would you want to hear my response on that post?....

i meant i'd like to hear RS Tunings responce on your mediocre map,not here to argue either

if your car has little improvements on its first run then you might have a good one out of the box

look at smoggy marks graph,195bhp virtually standard then 200bhp after a map,smallish peak power gains but what a difference the map made to driveability,very strong car