ITBs on my 197

Looking good great work and great commitment.

I noticed Ktech are doing a cam/ headwork map exhaust package to get car to 225 on standard managment and have done 2 with those figures now be interested to see your figures of £££ for this option

great work though

where have you seen that? I talk to them almost daily and thats the first I've heard of figures like those

That looks the dogs danglies, i bet it sounds even better.

Hats off to you for doing it :thumbup:

Thats the dash i've been looking into, the guys who sell them are not far from me, i've spoken to them and they can do a lead to plug into the cars OBD11 port to save having to use different sensors, no use to you with a stand alone ECU but handy for me as thats what i want to do.

MPG is for beards anyway. .

:rofl:

For you A2on:

"After a lot of testing we have finally got the results we wanted with the Clio 197 / 200 Cam package

As with all our road packages we aim to loose nothing but gain where its needed.*

The big*advantage*with 197/200 is the fully variable camshaft control, meaning we can have a smooth off load cam map and adjust the cam where it counts and makes best power.

This*particular*package gains 17 lb ft and 20 bhp over an already remapped car, which we were*surprised*and very pleased with.
The cost of the camshafts is £649+vat for the pair or the fitted package price will be £1195+vat including cams, cambelt kit, fitting and mapping.

The car now pulls hard all the way from the mid range right through to the rev limit at 7600 rpm. Response is improved as well."

From k-tech website.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments guys.

I'm expecting another 5bhp to be hidden in the retarded exhaust cam, not much but still. Bear in mind my engines running catcam 402s and stage one headwork ATM I'd be embarrassed if ktec got the same figure with the STD inlets on oem management. Assuming their dyno is accurate!

for what it is and what you get......cant beat the nos....sorry!

it gives you the abilty to have lots of power when its needed without the driveability issues of expensive engine work or engine conversions - sorry to say it but fast and furious wins :001_rolleyes:

that doesnt mean i dont think what HAS been done isnt impressive!

:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:

RESPECT ben:thumbup::thumbup:

i hope that you can make e good video on track:thumbup1::thumbup1:

Lots of people pushing boundaries with the 197 and 200s these days!! Future looks excellent, big respect to you bud!! Can't wait for videos!

FYI i was not talking about just cams i was talking about a full headwork package i spoke to them on the phone ask them about it itf you like not really fussed tbh i think it was cams exhaust intake and headwork (extensive) for close to 3k

anyway as i say megga work ben massive respect as always

A2ON I've had headwork on the inlets and exhaust along with a small degree of combustion chamber work to reduce detonation risk. This figure takes this into mind.

It'd be interesting to see what AmDs rollers record me as.

Yeh id like to see all to easy to manipulate roller figures these days.

Cant wait to see this car in the flesh at a track day soon

Yeh id like to see all to easy to manipulate roller figures these days.

Cant wait to see this car in the flesh at a track day soon

FCS will probably be the next time mate, unless your down Brands Hatch in March.

Anyone bothering with the Ring this year?

Ill be at the ring 2-3 times in 2012 and have pretty much all td's booked on this site

www.opentrack.co.uk

so if you can make any of those .

I wont doo track time at these shows to many idiots getting in the way doing there senna impressions .

im looking to do cadwell earlie feb if you could make it there not booked anything yet

ill be doing a spa and ring trip with circuit days in april if you fancy that

FYI i was not talking about just cams i was talking about a full headwork package i spoke to them on the phone ask them about it itf you like not really fussed tbh i think it was cams exhaust intake and headwork (extensive) for close to 3k

anyway as i say megga work ben massive respect as always

I believe A2ON is talking about this package (scroll down a bit to Clio 200 Cam Kit):

http://www.k-tecracing.com/news.asp?b=true&nav=3

''As well as our KTR camshaft package and gasflowed cylinder head with matched inlets, this particular car also had [...] Akropovic EVO exhaust''

221bhp after, 197 bhp before.

Anyway, fantastic work Ben, just seen this thread :tongue_smilie:

Interesting read. However the car has had some MAJOR developement work over the past few months with TDF but im not really allowed to talk about results as Matt wishes to post up the findings himself. But to give you a hint we tried every single possible set of cams avaliable for the 197 with different timings and even hybrid setups of inlet/exhaust to find a magic setup.

220bhp on those particular dynos was the max due to lack of piston clearance on the inlet side.

Interesting read. However the car has had some MAJOR developement work over the past few months with TDF but im not really allowed to talk about results as Matt wishes to post up the findings himself. But to give you a hint we tried every single possible set of cams avaliable for the 197 with different timings and even hybrid setups of inlet/exhaust to find a magic setup.

220bhp on those particular dynos was the max due to lack of piston clearance on the inlet side.

starting to sound like matt now lol

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O New Members 3
Yiannis197 General Chat 11
Mi16chris Other Renault Sports 23
A Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 10
ben_r1 Other Marques 21