ITBs on my 197

Truly brilliant work Ben!

Good on you for doing it mate, looks the nuts and the gains sound very worthwhile.

Im surprised no-one has mentioned this yet, but i might as well be the first. What ££££ are we talking roughly for the above performance?

Standalone ECU, Wiring loom with custom engine sensors to match, ITBs, oil cooler, race dash and installation, ARP con rod bolts, remap to suit etc etc etc plus fitting.

All in it cost near enough to £5600!!!

But if you trimmed alot of the options like the dash, oil gauges and ARP parts your looking closer to sub £4000.

you'd have to twist TDFs arms to take on another though lol, apparently the wiring and fitments for the road car were a nightmare compared to the racers.

Awesome. Nice one Ben, she screams now!!! :smile:

How's the driveability with the ITBs? Still happy to pootle around town etc.?

Awesome. Nice one Ben, she screams now!!! :smile:

How's the driveability with the ITBs? Still happy to pootle around town etc.?

The throttle is a little on/off right away, but after that she drives nicely. Engine runs beautifully on standalone ECU, if a little lumpy on very cold mornings, it still never fails to start on the button. Certainly no worse than standard!

Fuel consumption has unfortunately got worse, alot worse!

MPG is for beards anyway. Smiles Per Miles is the way forward. :wink:

Looks like a very neat install too, well impressed.

HAHA! Whats it doing mpg? give us a laugh? See how far you can get on a tank of fuel. I managed 386 miles to a tank last week. Was trying to hit 400 but failed.

I'd hardly say 'only 50bhp' gain lol. Its certaintly enough to give you a kick up the backside when it kicks in! and unlike other N/A engines it doesnt require to be revved up for power as the power delivery is 100% avaliable from anywhere.

Yes the duration is a pain in the arse, but in reality im refilling bottles twice a year because i only use it on the drag strip and even less on the road. It has once or twice made the difference between victory and loss before. A race with an Astra VXR and an R26.R are most memorable.

My misses has a similar nos setup on her otherwise std 182 and that does a quatre mile in a very respectable 14.43. Certainly enough to shun off a turbo or two :wink:

Jonesy the old dials are completely removed. The race dash does everything. Speed, Tacho, shift lights, oil pressure, oil temp, gear indicator, mile recorder, trip computer, fuel %, battery voltage and throttle %.

sweet, just curious thats all dude :smile: :thumbup::thumbup:

Looks good mate!! Thought it was running 215 before tho? Wow 4k for 20bhp?! :worried:

great conversion! looks very neat, and nice to see you splashed out on some gucci touches, like the dash!

People shouldnt get too caught up in the figures, it will drive night and day from a non ITB 197. Even if it is xxxxbhp more. Throttle bodies bring an engine to life!

Good work that man!

very nice mate, i've been looking into this recently and noticed no one had done it yet!!

congrats on been the first hopefully i could be the second :smiley:

Looking good great work and great commitment.

I noticed Ktech are doing a cam/ headwork map exhaust package to get car to 225 on standard managment and have done 2 with those figures now be interested to see your figures of £££ for this option

great work though

Looking good great work and great commitment.

I noticed Ktech are doing a cam/ headwork map exhaust package to get car to 225 on standard managment and have done 2 with those figures now be interested to see your figures of £££ for this option

great work though

they claim they can get 225 bhp from just that? erm....... got more chance winning the lottery

look at how much ben at spent and hes got 215bhp, dont belive them one bit

Gotta remember also that Ben said they found his to have the timing out so will be more than 215 when its timed correctly after the new year.

^^^^even so that will make like 220? K tec claim 5 more without itb's? Nope!!

Gotta remember also that Ben said they found his to have the timing out so will be more than 215 when its timed correctly after the new year.

i hear ya, but like mike just said, 5 bhp more?? na also i am sure that ben has spent more money on his engine mods and gone to better rep company and still cant get what ktec are claiming?

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O New Members 3
Yiannis197 General Chat 11
Mi16chris Other Renault Sports 23
A Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 10
ben_r1 Other Marques 21