Itb

My next mod I think. I know its well discussed the merits of Meg Turbo over NA for value for money v power, and is horses for courses I guess. Power and tune-ability...easy Meg but I just love the drama of NA. Also invested a lot of time and money in where I'm at and I've done the Turbo and supercharged thing before so this represents a new challenge. I'm at 210bhp now and although it doesn't always equate this mod will take me to around 15-20bhp again. (although quotes 35bhp). 230bhp Na would be really nice.

This looks like a great package.
http://atpowershop.co.uk/catalog/re...-throttle-bodies-p-201.html?osCsid=pvyagjxquq

I've seen that AT Power kit and it does look good. Ktec are also working on an ITB setup that features longer trumpets than the ATP's

Isnt ben only at 220 with itb's? And he's spent a LOT of money! I love t/boddies, and bet there amazing to drive but thats an aweful lot of money for a realistic 20bhp.

Reactions: Allister Reed
Yeah he has spent a lot!! and i dont think he's breached the 230 figure. Id rather get coilovers, 888's and a diff. That would make you quicker!

This kit looks great...I would wait for the KTR kit just to see what do they offer.

Can this ECU be reprogrammed afterwards to suit other mods?

Quote....This complete kit adds over 35bhp and 20lbft to a standard Renault F4R-830 engine, with excellent, responsive driveability and more torque throughout the rev range.

Sooooo....I know manufacturers can quote crazy figures but 20 bhp isn't unrealistic from ITB? I have 210bhp with cams and the kit appears to be pretty complete. The question is interesting about if the ecu is re-programmable. Sure you could knock the price of that and use standalone. I think 230'ish is realistic target.

fit some arp bolts and extend the rev range slightly as well

Already have when fitted cams.....

The kit is complete just would need some setting up time so maybe another 350 quid. The ecu is re-programmable because they offer fitting and setting up service.

Last edited:
Just need to find 2500 pounds!!!!! lol but certainly not grands as quoted!!!!!

if it was me doing it ie engine more power i would do it thus -

use a spare engine - strip down etc

cams
forged rods
pistons
headwork
lightend flywheel & balanced bottom end etc
lovingly rebuilt
itb 8)