I'm a Clio chav!?!

Getting a little off topic lol. Bit of a general statement to say a meg'd clio will 'blow away' a meg. I dont think there is really that much difference in weight (depends what power the clio is too) and then you are comparing a modified car to a standard car, easily mod the meg too...then again they will be pretty identical. However, standard vs standard the meg 'blows away' the clio in all areas.

The mk3 and onwards meg seem to be pretty trouble free, mine certainly has (previous owner used is as a track car only from day 1) and I know a fair few other owners will say the same too.

I take my hat off to those who go down the meg route and having been in Pete's car i can honestly say it is bloody epic. Its each to their own though, would i want to plough 7K/8K into a car? Personally, no. I'd just buy the car that came with the engine/set-up in the first place and save myself the money and potential problems. Its each to their own though.

If I had to change would go back to a 197/200 from the Meg - no chance. Unless it was Pete's car or an equivalent.
You dont save money buying a meg. And getting it to 350.

Its actually cheaper in a Clio.

If you weigh up Rouges car and the extras it has now, the 8k spent is really well spent. Plenty of extra toys in there in comparison to a meg of the same price.

Not necessarily saying you save money doing one option over the other, more a figure of speech in that I personally wouldn't buy a clio, put in a good few K as instead (like I did) I'd just buy a meg.

There is too many variants to say one is cheaper than the other anyway. You could be comparing a 4k/5k 197, doing a meg conversion vs buying a 35K+ 275 Trophy R and making it 350BHP.

Or you could be talking about buying a 200 Raider and meging it vs buying a cheap 225/230 and getting it to 350.

It's each to their own like i say and credit to those who do it.

Think id rather a megged clio over a standard meg, but I can imagine a megane with similar sorts spent than you would megging a clio, itd be pretty epic.

So many megs in one sentence!

If you weigh up Rouges car and the extras it has now, the 8k spent is really well spent. Plenty of extra toys in there in comparison to a meg of the same price.
Agree it is well spent as its a cracking example of a meg'd clio

The other thing you have to consider though is resale values.

Lets say for example someone buys a 197 for 6K, spends 8K on mods and instantly sells. Will they sell it for 14K - no. It could quite easily just go for that original 6K (but yes, likely to go for more than 6) its what someone is willing to pay.

Buy a meg for same value (14K) which, (depending on the extent of modding) is pretty equal performance, instantly sell and you'll likely get that 14K back.

Modifying is relative anyway. You never get the money you spend on it...it's a mugs game!

Its like saying that you should never buy a new car because you automatically waste money - but everyone does it.

Which every way you look at it you rarely ever lose money on owning a car. Its all just a matter of how much :smile:

Modifying is relative anyway. You never get the money you spend on it...it's a mugs game!

Its like saying that you should never buy a new car because you automatically waste money - but everyone does it.

Which every way you look at it you rarely ever lose money on owning a car. Its all just a matter of how much :smile:

100% agree

This wasn't aimed at you directly by the way haha - like i say, love your car

Was because someone makes a statement of a meg'd clio will "blow away" a meg which is obvs a little retarded because it all depends on to what extent the clio is modded. Simply whacking in an R26 engine doesn't instantly add 120bhp LOL

Think kaz is a bit hyped after being taken for a blast up the beacons in a megged clio lol, like I'm sure anyone would be.

I love my meg'd Clio, its probably a bit too full on for a everyday person wanting to do everyday normal person things.....luckily I'm not that normal everyday person.
Having driven a Megane 265, I can say it's far more refined and does the job effortlessly, but for me that made the car boring as it does things with ease.
So for me a meg'd Clio would win every day with out fail. I know I've lost more money on it that I would ever like to think, but the car makes me smile when I drive it. That's all that matters to me.

I love my meg'd Clio, its probably a bit too full on for a everyday person wanting to do everyday normal person things.....luckily I'm not that normal everyday person.
Having driven a Megane 265, I can say it's far more refined and does the job effortlessly, but for me that made the car boring as it does things with ease.
So for me a meg'd Clio would win every day with out fail. I know I've lost more money on it that I would ever like to think, but the car makes me smile when I drive it. That's all that matters to me.

You must be a chav.