If you could would you start your own business ?

Going to sign on this morning!!!!!! I am sure its going to be an experience, never done it before and don't intend to do it for long.

Then back to Jeremy Kyle to cheer myself up :rofl:

its an eye opener that's for sure.....and the "you must do this or do that" gets a bit much...

Just a quick update, I have been to see a unit and it looks like a deal could be done !!!! All I have to do is finance it and hope I can find some customers!!!!!
If all goes well I would like to take you up on your offer of body kits [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION]

Yes fingers crossed for you. And always happy to supply trade. We have many items that are exclusive to us and also prices on a lot of products that are very attractive. Renault is only a small market tbh so spread your wings if you can

Thanks mate, it's still going to take a bit of time to sort out but if all goes well I would like to focus on any performance car market and especially Renaultsport.

The unit is in Goole on an industrial estate. We have been for a look today and all seems viable. Just got to negotiate on rent and get it all financed !

I may have missed this along the thread so sorry if its been asked but what is it you will be doing?

It will be a body shop offering-
Any bodywork (repairs/painting)
Paintless dent removal
Insurance work
Trade work
Air conditioning

We will have a commercial spray booth and our own paint mixing scheme.

I've been self employed in the motor trade (car detailing) for 12 years now, it can be extremely stressful at times dealing with deadlines, bookings, progressing the business etc.. But I wouldn't change it for the world, you almost become unemployable after a while of being your own boss.

Good bodyshops are hard to come by, much like car detailers, reputation is everything.

I've been self employed in the motor trade (car detailing) for 12 years now, it can be extremely stressful at times dealing with deadlines, bookings, progressing the business etc.. But I wouldn't change it for the world, you almost become unemployable after a while of being your own boss.

Good bodyshops are hard to come by, much like car detailers, reputation is everything.

This is true and luckily all the remaining body shops in the area are not that good. My only concern is opening up and not having any customers !!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone for there advice.

It will be a body shop offering-
Any bodywork (repairs/painting)
Paintless dent removal
Insurance work
Trade work
Air conditioning

We will have a commercial spray booth and our own paint mixing scheme.

With a spray booth you could offer plasti dipping. Getting quite popular and the kit is cheap too.

Last edited:
Carl,

If you do go for it let me know as I need to get the LY bumper sorted as per my pm on the renaultsport forum.

John

P S. Good luck and I would live to put the work your way.

Carl,

If you do go for it let me know as I need to get the LY bumper sorted as per my pm on the renaultsport forum.

John

P S. Good luck and I would live to put the work your way.

Hi John
This forum will be the first place I announce any developments and i will let you know.

My next mission is to think of a name for the business, what do you guys think and have you any ideas ?
I'll start you off

Wreck A Mended
Auto Body Restore