How many have you had?

Xbox 360's i mean.

Ive just had to go out and spend £180 on a new one today and this is my 3rd!! Not happy about it after just putting money down on a car.

Have you guys with xbox's had many with the RROD or other faults?

One :thumbup1:

Saying that though, i bought it, used the free 3 months Live membership up and then haven't used it since!

Should really get back on it!

I've had a few but only 1 of them had a fault.

1. Got a launch day premium one
2. Traded in no. 1 for a launch day elite
3. Got bored of the black and traded it in for a White.
4. That broke so took it back to shop and got money back.
5. A week after no. 4 broke I bought the COD LTD edition elite.
6. Traded that one in and bought a slim the day those came out. Still on that one lol.

I've had 2. I have paid for a 3 year cover on it from HMV though, the last one lasted 2 years, but had a lot more use. I have barely used this one. My old 1 got the RROD and I fixed it by taking it apart. It worked for a few weeks, but then completely dies, dispite trying to fix it again. I think the problem with my last one was that we kept it on top of the sky box, which is constantly hot. It's the eat that kills them.

Just buy a ps3, it makes sense.

right well, i DOSEN'T .. nah i know what your saying ive just got used to the controller and ii do like some games exclusively on the 360. Ive got such a back catalogue of games and accessories too now it just made sense to get another 360.

I've had 9 I'n total but only one has ever gone wrong I've jst swapped them inthere past i have 3 currently 1 standard 1 modded and a J-tagged box :smile:

I'm on number 4, first one lasted approx 3 months, 2nd six days, 3rd 18 months. Then i bought the Elite which is bulletproof an never had a problem. Ended up sending the 3rd one back to microsoft, they couldn't fix it, so sent me a new one. So i have 2 now. Just in case...

I'm on Xbox number 2. First one got RROD, second one I've been running for 2 years now with no trouble.

Also on PS3 number 2, first one broke the Blu-Ray drive. So can't really complain over reliability for either of them...

I wouldn't go ps3, I love gears and halo to much an cod is just better on xbox, although I would love gran turismo!!
Anyway this isn't a console wars thread :wink:

I might be getting the new gears of war xbox!

Halo reach is awesome.. big fan. Thats one of the main reasons i bought another one and didnt get a ps3!!

New revalation though!! I registered my new xbox online for the warranty today and it says my warranty runs out on the 9th of december this year!!! I only bought it yesterday!!

i emailed them explaining the problem and i got an email back saying i had to phone them..

i then phoned them and they said ive got to email them a copy of my proof of purchase!! i can see this being a long winded process. NOT happy :worried:

Last edited:
its really not, i just had to post my xbox away with the receipt and a new one turned up about 2 weeks later. If i remember correctly they provided me a box to post it in an everything. (Dont quote that, may have been something else but not sure)

its really not, i just had to post my xbox away with the receipt and a new one turned up about 2 weeks later. If i remember correctly they provided me a box to post it in an everything. (Dont quote that, may have been something else but not sure)

Maybee i didnt explain properly.. i have edited my post.