• Focus RS Green

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • House of Kolor Candy Apple Red

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Other

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
right guys, got a bit of a dilemma,

Basically, I have an UR with black roof, wheels, carbon bonnet, mirrors etc.

The guy who repaired my car, has offered me a deal, to have a complete respray for a very very good price. In return he wants me to place a few stickers on my car to advertise for him.

The problem is, I dont know what color to go for?!

Do I stick with the red on black theme, and go for like a house of kolor candy apple red? or do I go the total opposite way and go for focus rs green? st orange?

I notice that somewhere on the t'interweb that someone has already gone for the orange, which in my opinion looks bloody awesome, but I dont want to replicate something thats already out there?!

Ideas on colors please!!!!!

Candy red all the way for me. I think it would look amazing you would certainly have something unique that way!
As much as I like the FRS green its not AG and could look like a bad spray job, plus its not cool if you have people asking you to explain why you dont have an actual RS...

i would be saying NO :huh:

if you have a full colour change theres still all the shut lines and under bonnet

even if you go a candy red you will still have the ur in places that arent painted...

it will also make it harder to sell

keep it standard i say ;/

I agree with Foxspeed. But if you absolutely have to go for it, keep it a Renault colour. There was a really nice dark metalic red they did on the 172. It's very rare, but looks great imo.

To be honest I think the green is horrible, there are quite a few photos on the web showing the colour difference between the plastic panels and the metal ones, that alone would be enough to turn me off.

If I were you I would stick with the red, shoot the whole car in candy then have some detailed airbrushing work. No huge murals or horrible skulls, something simple like a ghosted renault badge or RSport on the boot. A local tuning company has been doing this on a few cars using their own logo, it looks fantastic IMO (and dirt/washmits cant get caught on this type of badge :wink: )

I wouldn't worry about colour matches with the green as the whole car will be sprayed at the same time, from the same mix. So unlike the new builds the bumpers won't be sprayed separately resulting in a different colour, most cars get this, especially the Renaults. Candy red is awesome colour, if it were me, Midnight Purple all the way.

Sunflower Yellow gets my vote (like the ph1 172's).

I agree with Foxspeed. But if you absolutely have to go for it, keep it a Renault colour. There was a really nice dark metalic red they did on the 172. It's very rare, but looks great imo.

Flame Red? Not that rare on the 172's tbf. (Although I had one with the satnav extra, which made it mega rare)
DSC00372.jpg

Or did you mean Mars Red on the v6's, which are uber rare?

I wouldn't worry about colour matches with the green as the whole car will be sprayed at the same time, from the same mix. So unlike the new builds the bumpers won't be sprayed separately resulting in a different colour, most cars get this, especially the Renaults. Candy red is awesome colour, if it were me, Midnight Purple all the way.

Doesnt matter if its sprayed at the same time, bumpers and wings are plastic, will always be slightly diff to a metal panel. :smile:

IMO, i love the FRS green! but i wouldn't do a respray at all, instead i'd look at a vinyl wrap. Protects paint and you can have an outrageous colour but not worry about resale cos u can have it taken off. It depends though how cheap the guy has offered a respray cos i think a decent vinyl wrap is approx between £800 and £1200 (i think).
Matte black vinyl wrap all the way!!!

Doesnt matter if its sprayed at the same time, bumpers and wings are plastic, will always be slightly diff to a metal panel. :smile:

But the colour on the wing isn't the problems, it's normally fine, look at your own car for example. The wing will match the rest of the car, but the bumper won't. Unless you have LY paint.

IMO, i love the FRS green! but i wouldn't do a respray at all, instead i'd look at a vinyl wrap. Protects paint and you can have an outrageous colour but not worry about resale cos u can have it taken off. It depends though how cheap the guy has offered a respray cos i think a decent vinyl wrap is approx between £800 and £1200 (i think).
Matte black vinyl wrap all the way!!!

thats a better idea :thumbup:

Sunflower Yellow gets my vote (like the ph1 172's).

Flame Red? Not that rare on the 172's tbf. (Although I had one with the satnav extra, which made it mega rare)
DSC00372.jpg

Or did you mean Mars Red on the v6's, which are uber rare?

Flame red. Nice colour that. I just haven't seen many in that colour! Lol!

...as has been said....don't re-spray. You'll have all sorts of problems selling, and it will look a bit of a bodge job unless you can do the 'whole' car inside and out......vinyl wrap is the best solution.......

Green, but not FRS green. I'd go for this colour scheme
porsche-911-gt3-motorauthority008.jpg

Get it wrapped Candy Apple Red. Reversible, no issues with interior/shut lines etc.

You can get metallic wraps now, Evo had their long term GT-R done in Midnight Purple and it looked as good as paint. :wink:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FISHBOY eBay Finds 0
MissMagpiev6 Interior and Audio 43
Ian_R Clio General Chat 9
D Clio General Chat 11
Mike General Chat 9