HID fitting... a few questions.

I've recently ordered a 200 with the upgraded projector lights, for the sole purpose of fitting a subtle 5000k HID upgrade kit like my old 182 had.

I take it that it's a job that requires the front bumper to be removed? How hard is this on a Mk3?

I've had a Ph1 172 and 182 so I know Mk2's inside-out but wouldn't know where to start with the 200! :scared:

I tried searching but didn't find anything specific... I think.

Any help actually doing this with me when the car comes would be repaid in tea and bacon butties. It can't be that hard though, right?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Theres two screws and two plastic screw clips under the bonnet, theres a couple of bolts connecting the under tray to the sub frame and a bolt where the bumper meets the wing which is a arch liner out job. The the bumper just plulls out the wings and then from the front pull the bumper up and away then disconnect the fogs and battery drain pipe

Deffinately a bumper off job and headlights out to allow you room to secure the ballasts. I took mine to BTM and let Fred do it so i cant comment on how difficult/easy im affraid :smile:

It's easy to do.

IMO, easier if you jack the car up and take the front wheels off. The screws under the floor pan are t20 torx bits.