HID kit wanted...plus fitting

hi guys, wheres best place to get one from? also are they easy to fit?? anyone else close by done a set?? ive tried a how to guide but couldnt find anything....

help much appreciated!

If it's for projectors you need h1 , Easy to do you just need tools to take the bumper off , I'd go for 6000k check my progress thread for details .

you dont need to take the bumper off with the "normal" lights. In "normal" lights theyre H7. I changed all my bulbs at once, be prepared for scratched hands. For the OEM+ look i usually put 6K bulbs in mine, its a nice sharp white, with a very pale blue tinge. I have used 8K before, but they where a little too blue for my liking. IRRC 4500K is the whitest you can get, but might be worth double checking online.

Its the same as changing a bulb, kind of. Where you plug the cars harness into the back of the bulb, you put the kit inbetween. When you have a look its self explanatory. The O/S is easy enough to do, you might need to wiggle the washer filler out the way, but plenty of space.
THe N/S is a bit more of a ball ache. You need to undo and remove the solenoid thing (for the air intake) and also take the battery/fuse covers off. You can squeeze your hands down and in then to change them. I put the ballasts inside the battery box (inside another little plastic box i had lying around)

I tied the N/S ballast to underneath the slam panel to make it nice a neat.

Done loads of them now,on various different cars (mainly VAG tbh)

Any more help drop me a pm :smile: I'l see if I can word it better for you lol

Last edited:
Go to progress area look at my albi blue thread ,

You do need to take them off if you want to locate the hid balasts correctly as there's a slot for the ballasts under neath the lights

going to pick car up shortly, projectors are already fitted, so its literally going to be HID kit only. Will I need to get new bulbs once I have got the HID kit in my hand?

They will need to come back out if you want the balasts for the hid kits fitted correctly , there's a chap on 133.net selling some I got some seem a good quality .

Not really any need for slimline ballasts assuming you're taking the bumper off and headlights out (Which I think you need to).

If keil would listen properly you may understand what i am trying to say.

If you Want to get slim line ballasts then you can but to fit hids properly you need to do the following

Take the bumper off

Take the lights out turn then upside down

Insert the bulbs and slide the balasts into the ballast holding pack located on the underneath of the projectors

This will save cable ties , drilling etc , it also Looks a factory fit as that's where the Renault ballat packs sit

Do it right or don't bother IMO , time you take pissing about trying not to take bumper off it's not worth it .

Took me 20 mins start to finish .

Honestly its not hard also you cant see the packs if you do it the way i said far more better and a factory look if you want them right !

Last edited:
Also The guy on 133.net only sells new kits cost me 40 quid years warranty , mine are perfect having had 8k before these are not so chavvy

BMW/Audi icewhite: light blue

Click my name threads . look for my albi thread or go to progress area see the difference.
Leigh

Last edited:
sound advice from leigh. Do it that way if the projectors have slot for the ballest.
may have to invest in some projector lights myself now, but £300 for some headlights! :blush: