Price for fitting projectors and hids

Buddyboy

Platinum Member
I'm gonna have all my goodies soon how much would you guys say is a good price to fit hids and projectors as I don't want to get ripped off . Plus before some of you say fit yourself I don't have a drive way and not great with a spanner I was gonna give Danny a call at 519 but not sure if he fits this sort of stuff thought it might be a bodyshop job.

I paid £30 to have my projectors fitted, hey had to rivet they bumper support on to the new headlights, other than that I'd do it myself from now on, I'm now mechanic but I had my bumper and lights out on the weekend and really was so easy.

Depends really. Can only phone around.

I've had a quote of £80 to change a light bulb before, because they had to take the front bumper off!!

Worse comes to worse, hold off and when I do mine, we can do yours at the same time.

Paid 40 for mine to be fitted. That was with one lug being repaired and the bottom bits riveted on.

Just got quoted £120 so in no rush to get them done lol But on a good note everything arrived today except sprint spoiler but when I checked with K Tec it's in stock so should get it soon from spray shack.

Just got quoted £120 so in no rush to get them done lol But on a good note everything arrived today except sprint spoiler but when I checked with K Tec it's in stock so should get it soon from spray shack.

Where did you manage to buy some Projectors? Been looking everywhere!

They look better IMO, not much difference to reflectors, think the light output is a bit better but that might just be the better bulbs I got!?

anyone got any pics of the bit that needs to be removed from the standard light and riveted to the new light?

guessing you've got to drill the rivets out of the old light to remove the bumper support

Someone please explain the benefits of these projectors ?

I added them because I feel they transform the front of the car and make it look so much nicers

Before

2013-01-04134148.jpg

After

2013-01-24134214.jpg

anyone got any pics of the bit that needs to be removed from the standard light and riveted to the new light?

guessing you've got to drill the rivets out of the old light to remove the bumper support

When you remove the standard lights the black supports will come out with them....these are attached to the light itself. They will need the rivets to be drilled out and riveted onto the new ones.

I don't have any photos of this stage :worried:

Im assuming you mean this rivet
IMAG0752_zpsad9cf1d9.jpg
IMAG0753_zps823e7d81.jpg

Ive left it all on the original lights, and the new projectors sit fine, dont move at all, but ill be taking the supports off these for the next time i take the bumper off!

Similar Thread Suggestions