Help Wanted Please: All Gearbox Issues with Renault UK

£2968 approximately, with RUK paying £1534. A hefty bill nonetheless!!

Ouch. Stories like this have me worried it has to be said. With 4 Renault stamps and a Stratsone Jaguar one on a 57 plate 35k car, I hope i'd get a similar contribution from RUK - i'm surprised they didn't contribute more tbh!

These 6 speed boxes seem to be very prone to failure :worried:

Last edited:
my clutch did the exact same thing!!!! came apart destroying the bell housing and putting a hole in the gearbox allowing all the gear oil to drain out whilst I was driving!!!!!!!! My bell housing had massive holes in it, not just scoring!! I got a second hand gearbox from an 08 with 12,00miles and the clutch came with it for £500!! My car is 2006 and had 43,000miles on it at the time!!

That's awful!! Glad you managed to get hold of a second hand one. Being in France on holiday I didn't have the time to try source a used one, I wish I had been in the UK but it wasn't to be! All the best with your newer gearbox and clutch. I'm still very hesitant driving on a daily basis. Need to get that confidence back.

my clutch did the exact same thing!!!! came apart destroying the bell housing and putting a hole in the gearbox allowing all the gear oil to drain out whilst I was driving!!!!!!!! My bell housing had massive holes in it, not just scoring!! I got a second hand gearbox from an 08 with 12,00miles and the clutch came with it for £500!! My car is 2006 and had 43,000miles on it at the time!!

Another one?!:bored:

That's awful!! Glad you managed to get hold of a second hand one. Being in France on holiday I didn't have the time to try source a used one, I wish I had been in the UK but it wasn't to be! All the best with your newer gearbox and clutch. I'm still very hesitant driving on a daily basis. Need to get that confidence back.

My car is going great now, new gearbox was fitted in may and I have had zero problems! In fact the car has been running well lately! Hasn't had any major issues lately? I think it's experienced most problems these cars get and they have all been sorted and hopefully don't happen again. Last problem was starter motor issue but all that was required was a £10 repair. Saying that it will problem explode tomorrow!!!