Help! Problem with rear fog light

Hello!

I have just taken my car for an MOT and it failed on a rear fog light. Thought this was good news and asked the garage to chuck a new bulb in. I was wrong. When they took the rear cluster out and checked the bulb it was fine?? Does any1 have any ideas what the problem could be??? My interior door light fell out not so long ago and when a mate closed the door it got caught and all the interior lights went out and now the boot no longer opens and the rear wiper doesnt work???

Any ideas??? Could this be a fuse as i know theres another fuse box under the battery :worried: or if i replaced the broken bulb in the interior door would the make a circuit which would put all the other lights back on??? Any help would be really appreciated.

On a positive note - Cars booked in to be de-catted on Sat :smile:

Did you change the bulb on the right side as one side isn't wired in, maybe check to have got bare wires shorting out where you caught them in the door

Hi steve thanks for getting back to me.. I changed the driver side (right hand) bulb with a new one and it didnt work. The light that broke inside the car was the "courtesy light" on the door and it was just the plastic cover and bulb that broke the wiring all looks fine.

just checked all the fuses in the engine bay under the air feed and still no luck. i am going to get a new bulb for the interior courtesy light on the door and see if that creates a circuit and brings the fog back to life.. not sure if it will work but worth a try. Any ideas anyone??

Thanks

i had one with a faulty rear multi plug connector..

have you checked it with engine running and headlights on?

checked for power to fog bulb terminal?

Last edited:
what about rear number plate light and inside boot light?

you are checking the correct side for the fog light?

both have bulbs but only one is wired.

havent checked the power to the fog terminal as i dont think i have the right tools... ive checked the number plate light and thats working fine but the inside light in the boot is not working nor are any of the interior lights?

Might have chopped or pulled a wire out when the light was trapped/fell out ?

do you think replacing the interior door bulb could sort the problem as there isnt one connected at the moment?? I was thinking it may re-create a circuit? I have pm'd twingogeekeo to see if he has a bulb and the plastic.

do you think replacing the interior door bulb could sort the problem as there isnt one connected at the moment?? I was thinking it may re-create a circuit? I have pm'd twingogeekeo to see if he has a bulb and the plastic.

not really...

Have you checked the other fuse box, isn't there one on the passenger side by the glove box?

do you mean the fuse box by the steering wheel? Ive checked that fuse box and the one in the engine bay but havent noticed one by the glove box? is there another?

i have just re-checked the fuse box which the garage already checked and have noticed there are two fuses which are hidden at the top and are hard to get too. Im guessing the garage havent checked these and one of these is the fuse for the interior lights... Does anyone know how to access this top row of fuses in this fuse box??? PS this is the box by the steering wheel.

FIXED!!! I decided to check the fuses again (the ones that the garage had already "checked") and noticed two fuses hidden at the top by the steering wheel. Pulled the dashboard trim off and checked the interior light fuse and it had blown. Replaced the fuse and bang the lights came back on the wiper now works the boot now opens the boot light now works and more importantly the fog lights back on!! Sorted! Time to get her MOT'd