Possible fueling problem. PLEASE HELP!

melvin1993

Scotland | Alba Rep
I was hopping for some help on this as I am compleatly lost now haha

the car is a 2011 Clio 200 with only 32k on the clock

the car had been running on vpower then I topped up with local super unleaded as I do time to time and the problem started. When you are driving at a steady speed there's not an issue until you accelerate then it feels like the car is being starved of fuel but it's backfiring from the exhaust like there's unburnt fuel in the system, then other times it backfires through the intake manifold and it keeps blowing off the air box cover, you can be sitting away at 60 and try to over take and it starts kangarooing as if it was cold as most of these cars do

so far Iv taken the whole intake system off and cleaned it but back on my original 60mm TB and cleaned the injectors this made it a bit better but still horrible to drive then I replaced all the intake sensors still nothing. So I put a bottle of forte injector and fuel system cleaner in it again still no real improvement I then replaced the fuel filter and removed my sprint booster and surprise surprice no real improvement

Iv checked the voltage going to the pump while it's being driven and it's between 13.8v and 14.2v

the best way to describe the problem is, it's like the speed limiter is stuck on while your kangarooing while hitting the rev limiter all at the same time

any one please help!?

Yeh sparks all good in all 4 plugs

but the plugs are still the original ones all look clean and have s good electrode but they are probably due to be changed

Iv put in new pencils and plug still no difference but my dad said when I took it out after I did that it was stinking of petrol but the plugs are all dry

given it a compression test?

No I don't have the kit to do that but it's worth a shot
Iv got a spare set of injectors on my 172 as I'm running 197 items on it so I'll try swapping them over if that makes any difference. Is there a return line on the 200 or is it just the ph2 172 and 182 that have return lines

I had this with a golf I used to own what happened was the garage unleaded was contaminated with diesel. After the tanker filled the diesel tank the diesel still left in the hose is then dumped into the unleaded stock tank. Now it should mix but for some reason it didn't and what you get is a very weak petrol mix that wont burn right. Have word with the garage ?? Also a while back there was a right mess with petrol containing too much water!! and silicon. this then went on to damage the lambda sensor so again check with the garage ASAP!

I had this with a golf I used to own what happened was the garage unleaded was contaminated with diesel. After the tanker filled the diesel tank the diesel still left in the hose is then dumped into the unleaded stock tank. Now it should mix but for some reason it didn't and what you get is a very weak petrol mix that wont burn right. Have word with the garage ?? Also a while back there was a right mess with petrol containing too much water!! and silicon. this then went on to damage the lambda sensor so again check with the garage ASAP!

Great haha well the garage I put fuel in at has had a few insadents that Iv heard of with water in the fuel but I think I put maybe 10L in so not much and Iv been through 2 full tanks of vpower and its 100% flushed now. When I went to the garage they denied anyone else having bother with the fuel

Done so far now

change injectors
change spark plugs
change ignition pencils
change fuel filter
changed all intake sensors
put original TB on
flush tank with redex then forte
2 full tanks of vpower
no fault codes on reader

still no improvement

If you've done all the usual stuff I would check the compression like [MENTION=29]foxspeed[/MENTION] said and check timing, could have jumped a tooth on the crank pulley

I'll buy a tester tomorrow

thought I had it elier tool all the vacuums pipes off to the ideal control and cleaned then along with the pipe on the far left of the plenum that goes into a plastic housing with a cable coming out of it
and it ran fine for a mile or so came home then went away again and it was just back to square one again honestly just want to set fire to the bloody thing now!

Good day gents, Junaid here from South Africa.

A few days ago my car started giving me the same problem.
I just want to find out if you guys found the problem as to what was cause this.

I really need to get this problem resolved as it’s so frustrating and it always seems to happen the the mostly inappropriate times when I really need the car to perform.

some feedback would be truly appreciated

thanks

Have you inspect the fuel pump itself? it might be contaminated with bits of carbon from the vacuum canister. the symptom you are experiencing " the speed limiter is stuck on while your kangarooing while hitting the rev limiter all at the same time" potentially can be caused by that. over time, it will harm the fuel pump as well as the regulator and the drivability of the car will get even worse.

worth a look

Could be a lambda issue. Quite often gives poor running, terrible misfiring, and sometimes no fault codes/EML