Help Looking for a 197/200

Apologies for any confusion matey. when I say mods I do mean OM upgrades. I like the Renault cup spoiler and front lip they do for the 197.

Iv not heard of the Gordinis I'm guessing they are rarer than the F1

No apologies needed mate. It's a LOT to pick up if you're coming to a new manufacturer!

Yeah the Gordini are super rare, although I'm not sure how limited they were.

This is what I'm saying about knowing the market well though. There are loads of cars our there and the prices vary wildly meaning you can see cars that have a low spec that are overpriced and cars that have loads of great extras but are really reasonably priced.

Research the hell out of it now, get a better car for the future. The buyers guide was a BIG help for us. I had it saved on my phone for quick reference when viewing. Well done on signing up by the way, it will be the best £5 you've ever spent if you buy one.

As for genuine Renault upgrades, it's perfectly possible you could find an R27 with the full aero kit on it for your price. You just might need to wait a while for it to come up. Did you read through that thread I linked above? Some good food for thought in there.

But given everything you've said so far, unless this is perfect:
http://www.andmotorcompany.co.uk/used-RENAULT-CLIO-New-Ollerton-Nottinghamshire-996764
...the one in NI is the very best available right now. Really. I totally understand your reservations but that car has been properly cherished by an enthusiast owner. He used to have a full website about it, not sure if it's still going. I was close to making him an offer on it before we found ours. I certainly wouldn't let the mods put you off, they can all come back off and be replaced with something from Renault and get you some money if you like.

Daft thing is, I'd give you 6 months of ownership max before you'd probably be thinking about putting some if not all that stuff on anyway. Thinking of it as a good starting point...

:smiley: I don't even know this guy and I'm trying to sell his car for him! Honestly mate, I just know it's a good one.

I recently had a dabble with a 2.5l 2003 z4 and he couldn't pull away from me, straight nor corner. We gave thumbs up to each other!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A Z4 2.5i wouldn't see which way well driven Renaultsport Clio went on a good country road mate.

Reactions: Big Ben
A Z4 2.5i wouldn't see which way well driven Renaultsport Clio went on a good country road mate.
Making a good choice getting a RenaultSport. To be fair to myself, I am running ditch finders lmao.

Making a good choice getting a RenaultSport. To be fair to myself, I am running ditch finders lmao.

:O

!!!

Ha, mate it's as important as not putting diesel in and remembering to brake!

Reactions: Kazumz
I know it's slightly off topic again (I'm gonna get a rep for this lol) but this is a Gordini, IMG_1084.jpg IMG_1087.jpg as far as I believe only 500 came to the UK each with a numbered plaque by handbrake. Basically a 200 with cup pack, no extra performance or handling but comes in either blue with white blade and stripes or white with blue stripes and white blade.

Edit: Oh and internal blue/black leathers and blue/white stripes on steering wheel.

I really need more pictures on my phone lol

I recently had a dabble with a 2.5l 2003 z4 and he couldn't pull away from me, straight nor corner. We gave thumbs up to each other!

Shame it wasn't on twisties as you would have left him far behind you and probably the Z4 would have ended up in a ditch if he had tried to keep up!

Last edited:
I know it's slightly off topic again (I'm gonna get a rep for this lol) but this is a Gordini, View attachment 16717 View attachment 16718 as far as I believe only 500 came to the UK each with a numbered plaque by handbrake. Basically a 200 with cup pack, no extra performance or handling but comes in either blue with white blade and stripes or white with blue stripes and white blade.

Edit: Oh and internal blue/black leathers and blue/white stripes on steering wheel.

All correct except the cup pack, that was optional. Mines not a cup.

Thanks for that!

Reactions: ///M
Spent most of the afternoon reading all your guides to buying a 197/200 and it was very helpful. Highlighted the problems they can get with the gearbox seeming to be the big one and what to look for when viewing but I'm still not put off as all makes and models have some sort of faults.

Reactions: Jimmy and Jmax
I know it's slightly off topic again (I'm gonna get a rep for this lol) but this is a Gordini, View attachment 16717 View attachment 16718 as far as I believe only 500 came to the UK each with a numbered plaque by handbrake. Basically a 200 with cup pack, no extra performance or handling but comes in either blue with white blade and stripes or white with blue stripes and white blade.

Although it was supposed to be a run of 500, I don't think they built anywhere near this number. I've never seen a car numbered above high 100s. Mine is in the 140s and it was one of the last (mid 2012). All the RS's are rare when you see the builds by colour.

Although it was supposed to be a run of 500, I don't think they built anywhere near this number. I've never seen a car numbered above high 100s. Mine is in the 140s and it was one of the last (mid 2012). All the RS's are rare when you see the builds by colour.
I think mines in the 200s. Can't remember exactly.

Spent most of the afternoon reading all your guides to buying a 197/200 and it was very helpful. Highlighted the problems they can get with the gearbox seeming to be the big one and what to look for when viewing but I'm still not put off as all makes and models have some sort of faults.

Things like this are always over exaggerated on a forum anyway. People only talk about the failures. You don't get thread about "my gearbox is still going strong". The problems aren't all that bad for the most part anyway.

Nothing like the boot floor falling out of a BMW and needing a grand throwing at it :smiley:

Buyers guide will see you right. Just be patient and you'll find the right one.

Reactions: Jimmy
Welcome in Paul. It took me years to find my R27 but found it last year, FSH, belts done Cup spoiler and splitter, low miles (15k!) and in Liquid Yellow. I did pay top dollar but I'm happy so that's what counts. Like you I like my cars unmodded then upgrade with genuine accessories. Only things my car have are a Blue Fin map and an ITG filter which can be easily put back to standard. Good luck in your search.

Colin

Welcome in Paul. It took me years to find my R27 but found it last year, FSH, belts done Cup spoiler and splitter, low miles (15k!) and in Liquid Yellow. I did pay top dollar but I'm happy so that's what counts. Like you I like my cars unmodded then upgrade with genuine accessories. Only things my car have are a Blue Fin map and an ITG filter which can be easily put back to standard. Good luck in your search.

Colin

Carl chambers old car- look him up on facebook!

Reactions: LOCKE

Colin
Hi Steve. My OCD won't let me get anything but a good example. It's very easy to get carried away when buying cars but I will wait till the right one comes along.

Paul
You don't fancy NI then?

I did get in contact with the guy in end after realising what you said about it being a great example. But sadly we couldnt come to an agreement on the final arrangements.

Paul