Harry's Black 197. Quick clean 22/02/14

They look good, well done on that. i like the vent surround.

Did you split the two halves of the centre display?

Cheers guys. Yeah I did split the centre display, wasn't easy as they were glued together! All the vent surrounds are now done and the handbrake trim and I couldn't be happier with how they turned out! Too dark now so will get some pics tomorrow of the vents.

How did you go about painting the calipers. painted them mounted or took them apart? And did you use spray or tin and brush?

I'm gonna do mine as soon as I can get a hold of a decent quality tin of high temp paint. Thinking of masking everything and doing it mounted, hopefully it will turn out fine.

Nice car btw and I do agree that a spoiler would finish it off nicely.

Thanks guys appreciate it!
Gib: I painted the calipers with a brush but I stripped them down to do it but they were still on the car

Kalahari: I don't have a link as I was using the app on my iPhone but jus type in alcantara suede and it's about the 3rd one down with a picture of an interior covered in alcantara, think it was £11.99 for 1 square meter and £2.99 for the spray glue! Nice cheap mod :smile:

Great effort with the alcantara! Was it difficult to do? Look forward to seeing pictures of the handbrake trim and side vents.

Last edited:
Cheers man! The A pillars and vent surrounds weren't too difficult at all but the centre clock surround was very hard to do! It took me 3 attempts to get it right. I'm just at work now will get some pics up of the side vents when i get home.
It's not the handbrake I've done it's just the little bit of trim underneath it that pops out but ill put some photos up later on

Do it man that would be sick! Quick pic of the side vents and handbrake sorry for quality was in iPhone and the light was going!

image_zps1afb1cfa.jpg

image_zps6a2af811.jpg

image_zps6fdf8c90.jpg

I'm liking it mate! Did you do all that from a 1m sheet? Got loads of spare trim so might end up doing loads lol

Yeah man did the whole lot out of one sheet with still quite a bit left! Although when it came I definatley thought it was more than 1 square meter! Haha I no same man now I've done those I want to loads more!! I would really really like to the whole headlining, B and C pillars but that's a much bigger job!

As you've done the A pillar, maybe try doing the triangular bit of trim inside by the wing mirrors? Just above the side vents in your pics! Would fit in nicely, I think. Careful not to over-do it though lol!

I was just looking at them today thinking I should do them lol. So I think il do them and then leave it as is for a while! Looking forward to seeing yours though man!

I'm actually in the car trying to pull the A pillar trim off now lol - and struggling! Any help appreciated.

Similar Thread Suggestions